PDA

View Full Version : 180 to goofy..

parrothd
08-29-2015, 08:41 PM
My buddy Calvin getting me fired up..lol

https://vimeo.com/137715563

CFD3Captain
08-30-2015, 12:21 PM
HAHA! Good stuff! Man, I need a new tow boat!!

parrothd
08-30-2015, 01:07 PM
Were you the one coming from a jetboat?

I made the same switch, used to have seadoo jetboats.

If you want to do any water sports the v-drive is the way to go. Perfect pass alone is reason enough, pretty much the reason we switched. We kept getting into arguments about controlling the speed. With the jetboat it was dam near impossible to keep a constant speed, plus a good skier/boarder can pull the back of the boat all around. Once you get used a wakeboard boat wake you can't go back... :)

CFD3Captain
08-30-2015, 10:15 PM
Were you the one coming from a jetboat?

I made the same switch, used to have seadoo jetboats.

If you want to do any water sports the v-drive is the way to go. Perfect pass alone is reason enough, pretty much the reason we switched. We kept getting into arguments about controlling the speed. With the jetboat it was dam near impossible to keep a constant speed, plus a good skier/boarder can pull the back of the boat all around. Once you get used a wakeboard boat wake you can't go back... :)

Yes sir, thats me. We have a 19' Yamaha. Funny thing is, I installed Perfect Pass in it. This is our 2nd Yamaha and there was no way I was going to try waterspouts without it this time. Makes it so easy to tow, it does really well compensating for the rider cutting etc. Definitely my best mod. But, we want to surf and with only 800# ballast surfside , 3 adults and my 9 yo daughter, the boat struggled to go 11 mph. My wife had it floored and just couldn't do it. We had a little argument after that because I didn't believe her. So I got back in the boat and sure enough. I haven't taken the surf board back to the lake since (like a month ago) It's pretty much the reason we are switching, besides the fact that when the boat does go with the ballast I still can go rope less. So fingers crossed I can make the move.

parrothd
08-31-2015, 12:00 PM
I'd include this in your budget or the next boat should already have, you can do without but you're gonna want it sooner than later.

Fresh Air Exhaust - $500?
Perfect Pass - ??
Upgraded Ballast - 1100 Rear bags/IBS, maybe new pumps $500-2500
Ghetto gate - $25...
1-2 Nice surf boards -$1000

mikenehrkorn
08-31-2015, 12:51 PM
Yes sir, thats me. We have a 19' Yamaha. Funny thing is, I installed Perfect Pass in it. This is our 2nd Yamaha and there was no way I was going to try waterspouts without it this time. Makes it so easy to tow, it does really well compensating for the rider cutting etc. Definitely my best mod. But, we want to surf and with only 800# ballast surfside , 3 adults and my 9 yo daughter, the boat struggled to go 11 mph. My wife had it floored and just couldn't do it. We had a little argument after that because I didn't believe her. So I got back in the boat and sure enough. I haven't taken the surf board back to the lake since (like a month ago) It's pretty much the reason we are switching, besides the fact that when the boat does go with the ballast I still can go rope less. So fingers crossed I can make the move.

You should check out that 2012 LSV with only 32 hrs for $41K in the classifieds...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?26995-2012-Moomba-LSV-for-Sale-46-000-OBO&p=275797#post275797

dusty2221
08-31-2015, 05:22 PM
Or the loaded 06 Supra 24Ssv for $39,999!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk