PDA

View Full Version : Buying my first Wakeboat.......is Moomba for me?

CFD3Captain
08-27-2015, 08:30 PM
First...HELLO! I have been lurking here for a week or better now and figured it was time to register and introduce myself and start asking questions :) As the title states....I am thinking about buying my first wake boat because I want to SURF! I like to wakeboard and will do it occasionally but there is something about getting older and injuries. I can't afford to get hurt because I am a firefighter and we have no light duty. I have tried surfing some behind my current boat and am hooked (more on that later) Anyhow, I have my search down to Moomba and Supreme. I arrived here based on a few things, first and foremost is price. I don't want too old of a boat that shows wear. Second is service / dealer. I have looked around the State (Ohio) and there are not that many dealers of wake boats. There is a Moomba dealer in Akron as well as a MasterCraft dealer. There are no Supreme / Centurion dealers in the State (that I could find). Supreme is the boat I initially fell in love with, but with no dealers close it would be foolish to buy one. So Moomba is taking the lead.

My current boat is a 2013 Yamaha Jet boat. GREAT boat, my second one actually, but is not capable of surfing or at least doing so safely and witout bags everywhere. It's a great family boat and we love it, but it's missing a few things.......Hidden ballast capable of throwing a decent surf wave and a sun pad for the wife. Other than that it has it all. I even installed Perfect Pass on it :D PP is a must for any water sport on the jet boats IMO. Especially with the wife driving 8). I am not sure of my budget, but I would really like to be under 45k. Of course I have to sell my current boat as well, but that hopefully won't be too hard.

So is Moomba right for me? I initially looked at the Mondo's but I don't think I can get one into my budget, so I am looking at LSV's. I don't mind listing the boat to surf (thats how I tried it on the Yamaha) as long as the list isn't crazy and I don't have to have bags on the seats. I don't need some super tournament wave, I just want something I can lose the rope with. Will the cruise suit me, seeing that I have used a perfect pass system? What do I need to look out for? I am sure I forgot something and I am sure (hopefully) you guys will have a few questions for me as well. I am a big forums / family guy. We have a great group over at the Jetboaters site and I am excited to see a family as such here :)

tater
08-27-2015, 09:25 PM
E-Mail sent Cory good luck sent you my dealers contact info as well.

deerfield
08-27-2015, 09:50 PM
Hey, Captain - I leave it to other guys to address the heart of your surf question and an LSV. I am a skier with an '07 Moomba Outback. I can confirm that Skiers Choice makes a product that has performed near flawless for me for eight years. For price, quality, and factory support, hard to beat a Moomba. Welcome to the forum. - Deerfield

CFD3Captain
08-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Thanks Jim! Got the email and replied back.

Thanks for the encouraging words Deerfield.

WhiskeyRunner
08-27-2015, 10:16 PM
the quality of the product and the people behind it are top notch. Moomba was my first wakeboarding boat (I was nearly a jet boat owner) and I will never look for anything else. The amount of seating is overlooked sometimes, it's roomy and comfortable, especially with a whole family on the boat. I would also put a heavy emphasis on the local aspect. When you have to do repairs or take it out of the water for service, proximity is key. All that being said, I too had a smaller budget but pulled the trigger on a new Mondo and didn't really tell the wife all the costs :). I can say every dollar was well spent and I'm really happy with my investment. Good luck if you stay in the 45k range, maybe get something 2-3 years older, they are still reliable quality boats that hold up.

mmandley
08-27-2015, 11:19 PM
I owned an 08 LSV as my first boat and I will say with a little ballast upgrade work they surf really well. I loved that boat and still hold a special place for them. They are easy to find in your price range and only a couple years old. If you do look at getting an LSV I would recommend the 2010 models and up. Mainly because the ballast pumps are the newer impeller style, much faster and less issues normally then the older aerator style. Also the 2010 has the fuel pump in the tank and this will eliminate vapor lock issues some people experience in hotter conditions.

I have spent more then 1 day in a Supreme. Unless you can find a newer one with the Surf tabs then you will be in the more classic list style boat.
What I liked about them was like Moomba they don't have computers and lots of gizmoes to go bad.
The surf wave was really nice and smooth and was great to ride on.
What I didn't care for was:
1 Dash looked plain and boring
2 Seat storage is very low, because they use the space above the seats for your back and to make you sit deep in the boat.
3 due to sitting so deep in the boat my shoulder would hurt when I rested my arm on the gunnel
4 Boat lists extreamly over when surfing, so fare that I could see under the edge of the hull on the non surf side. First boat I ever seen lean that hard.

The new redesigned Supreme is much better in all categories but then you have a big step in price.

I honestly think in your price bracket you can't go wrong with an LSV. The only reason we sold ours was we wanted more room in the boat. We typically have 7-10 people on the weekends and this was a bit crowded in the LSV.

kaneboats
08-28-2015, 01:19 AM
The Moomba LSV got a new hull in 2006 so any of them will surf great with the right setup. It changed again to a little taller cap on top of the hull in 2013, I believe so those models would be a little more (besides the fact they are newer). Any of them will surf like crazy but the older ones benefit from ballast plus a surf gate that you can make yourself. Run a search on "ghetto gate" and see what you find. You can buy a budget boat and surf like a pro. Good luck!

beat taco
08-28-2015, 02:10 AM
Yes it is! I would get on selling your boat and buy this: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=27015
You'll thank me later.

smorris7
08-28-2015, 06:51 AM
Yes it is! I would get on selling your boat and buy this: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=27015
You'll thank me later.

I will second this! Been on this boat many times. Boat is basically brand new and VERY well cared for alway garage kept. You will not find a better boat got the price. Surf wave is awesome! All the upgrades are already done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFD3Captain
08-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Thanks guys. One question I didn't ask is about maintenance and winterization. I like to do all that I can myself. There is little to no winterization on the Yamaha. Hell, technically I winterize it every time I pull out (blow out like jet ski). Is there too much to these boats? I don't mind a few hours work so long as it's not too difficult.

Oh and do these boats have mechanical throttle linkage? (Depending on year I suppose). I was thinking about pulling my perfect pass off the Yamaha and reinstalling on next boat.

Fastest1
08-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Winterizing shouldn't be intimidating or time consuming. It won't be as easy as whacking the throttle though.

BamaMojo
08-28-2015, 08:22 AM
First...HELLO! I have been lurking here for a week or better now and figured it was time to register and introduce myself and start asking questions :) As the title states....I am thinking about buying my first wake boat because I want to SURF! I like to wakeboard and will do it occasionally but there is something about getting older and injuries. I can't afford to get hurt because I am a firefighter and we have no light duty. I have tried surfing some behind my current boat and am hooked (more on that later) Anyhow, I have my search down to Moomba and Supreme. I arrived here based on a few things, first and foremost is price. I don't want too old of a boat that shows wear. Second is service / dealer. I have looked around the State (Ohio) and there are not that many dealers of wake boats. There is a Moomba dealer in Akron as well as a MasterCraft dealer. There are no Supreme / Centurion dealers in the State (that I could find). Supreme is the boat I initially fell in love with, but with no dealers close it would be foolish to buy one. So Moomba is taking the lead.

My current boat is a 2013 Yamaha Jet boat. GREAT boat, my second one actually, but is not capable of surfing or at least doing so safely and witout bags everywhere. It's a great family boat and we love it, but it's missing a few things.......Hidden ballast capable of throwing a decent surf wave and a sun pad for the wife. Other than that it has it all. I even installed Perfect Pass on it :D PP is a must for any water sport on the jet boats IMO. Especially with the wife driving 8). I am not sure of my budget, but I would really like to be under 45k. Of course I have to sell my current boat as well, but that hopefully won't be too hard.

So is Moomba right for me? I initially looked at the Mondo's but I don't think I can get one into my budget, so I am looking at LSV's. I don't mind listing the boat to surf (thats how I tried it on the Yamaha) as long as the list isn't crazy and I don't have to have bags on the seats. I don't need some super tournament wave, I just want something I can lose the rope with. Will the cruise suit me, seeing that I have used a perfect pass system? What do I need to look out for? I am sure I forgot something and I am sure (hopefully) you guys will have a few questions for me as well. I am a big forums / family guy. We have a great group over at the Jetboaters site and I am excited to see a family as such here :)

I know of a Fully upgraded 12 Mojo that will be for sale soon.

BamaMojo
08-28-2015, 08:26 AM
Here are a couple shots
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/28/9b672d0ae78924f5949f19474c986efa.jpg

BamaMojo
08-28-2015, 08:26 AM
Anotherhttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/28/f89f111734b856154d481e6af1be5174.jpg

viking
08-28-2015, 08:29 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with either Moomba or Supreme.
If you buy used and out of warranty and do the maintenance yourself then the dealer is not as big a part of your decision.
If you are going to buy new or a year or 2 old then I'd definitely go Moomba due to proximity to dealer.
Based just on surf I'd give the edge to Supreme with the deep V hull. If at all possibly test each vessel out for yourself!

patrick232
08-28-2015, 08:55 AM
I would say the hardest part of winterizing is taking everything out of the rear lookers to store for the winter to get access to the motor.

sivs1
08-28-2015, 10:01 AM
Welcome, O H

I am a fan of the LSV, might be biased though. For a boat that is in your price range and can do almost anything you throw at it, LSV needs to be on your short list. Yes, I may eventually upgrade to a Mojo or XLV, but who knows, maybe another LSV will be my next boat. Dealer is good to have close by, even if you do all or most maintenance, they are good to call, stop by to chat or buy a new surf board.

Can't wait to see what you decide. Go Buckeyes!

beat taco
08-28-2015, 10:30 AM
At your price point whatever you get will have cruise control already. Once you get one we can walk you through all maintenance and winterization procedures.
I won a free winterization last year and gave it away because it was easier to do it myself than tow the boat to the dealer and wait for them to do it.

MJHSupra
08-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys. One question I didn't ask is about maintenance and winterization. I like to do all that I can myself. There is little to no winterization on the Yamaha. Hell, technically I winterize it every time I pull out (blow out like jet ski). Is there too much to these boats? I don't mind a few hours work so long as it's not too difficult.

Oh and do these boats have mechanical throttle linkage? (Depending on year I suppose). I was thinking about pulling my perfect pass off the Yamaha and reinstalling on next boat.

There is a really good thread on how to get ready for winter.
This was on a 2006, but should work:
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?9877-Winterization-Procedure-with-pics-by-Al
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?6925-Winterization-Procedure-with-pics-new-and-improved&highlight=new-and-improved
I do not think it covers the heater unit.

RickT
08-28-2015, 02:49 PM
Good luck in your search. I did alittle research in the general area of Ohio. Our dealer in Indy and Cincinnati both have a 2015 Mondo in stock and our dealer in Cleveland has 2. Sorry pretty limited numbers, been a very hot boat. You may have already contacted them. If we can be of any help at the factory please don't hesitate to contact me. [email protected]

Thanks for considering us,

Rick

13mobiusLSV
08-28-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm a 2013 LSV owner coming from growing up on I/O's. We absolutely love the boat. Obviously biased towards Moomba over supreme. Tater and I share the same dealer and have identical boats as well. Ron in Anderson takes great care of his customers. One of my best friends just traded in his 2012 Yamaha 242 limited S to my dealer for a 15 mojo. He's a huge fan of the boat and Moomba as well.

CFD3Captain
08-28-2015, 03:13 PM
We just left the dealer in Akron. Fairly new dealer to Moomba I think ( a few years) they had a Mondo in stock that looked Fairly stock. We really liked it and by we... The wife 😉

trayson
08-28-2015, 03:40 PM
Yes, you'll be happy with a Moomba. Honestly I'd say that if you have the room to store it, go bigger and you won't regret it. I went from a 21' Supra sunsport direct drive to a 23' Moomba XLV and I LOVE all the extra space. Would an LSV have been okay, sure. but I honestly do NOT regret the extra room I have over the LSV's. I'd think you should easily be able to swing a low hour used Mojo for your pricepoint.

Like already said, pretty much any boat you get will already have perfect pass, so no worries there. Winterizing is basically pull engine block plugs, disconnect a couple hoses, remove plugs from manifolds, use your air compressor to blow air out of the obvious pathways (like the tubes to/from the heater). Remove the ballast bags. That's basically it. Some remove and change the impeller, some don't. If you're replacing the impeller anyway for preventative, then you're already there.

this is the time that most of us change the oil too. Again, like Beat Taco said, it'd take longer to trailer to/from the dealer than to do the winterization myself.

I am sure the wife will like the extra room in the Mojo, and it's got a TON of freeboard and that tends to win over the wives with that feeling of safety as a result. No shortage of satisfied surfers on these boats.

CamperCarl
08-28-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure what part of Ohio you are in, but there is a Moomba dealer just across the PA/OH border in the Conneaut Lake area. I have been there in the past for service when I moved into the area.

I can say that my Moomba boats have been very reliable to own and easy to maintain. You do seem to get a lot of value for the money. However, the price is being driven hard by the popularity of the sport (Wakeboarding and now Wakesurfing) and even Moomba's are getting up there in price. Just be careful in setting a dollar amount vs finding a boat that matches what you want to do without a lot of modifications to make it do something that it wasn't designed to do in the first place. For example, I love my LSV but with all the surfing that I do and modifications done to improve its surf wave, I should have gotten the Mojo.

CFD3Captain
08-28-2015, 09:55 PM
Wow! Thanks for all of the great advice......I don't want to say it makes my decision tougher, but it does. The dealer wasn't pushing his only Moomba on the lot, but he was. When he found I was looking at used as well, he told me they weren't "surf" boats and the hulls were not designed or suited to surfing. He said the LSV hull was new in 08 and surfing wasn't around then........The 13' change was just adding freeboard with no other change?

Again I know he's selling me a boat, but at the end of the day, a good dealer should want you in the brand they sell. Maybe I'm wrong? Also to add a little more info, trayson said to go bigger if I can swing it. I don't think I can. I will be pushing the limits of my tow vehicle with a 3800# boat + trailer and gear. Bigger isn't an option.

sscott0203
08-28-2015, 10:23 PM
We just left the dealer in Akron. Fairly new dealer to Moomba I think ( a few years) they had a Mondo in stock that looked Fairly stock. We really liked it and by we... The wife 😉

What lake do you guys boat on if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the Streetsboro area, boat on Lake Milton.

mmandley
08-29-2015, 12:10 AM
Wow! . When he found I was looking at used as well, he told me they weren't "surf" boats and the hulls were not designed or suited to surfing. He said the LSV hull was new in 08 and surfing wasn't around then........The 13' change was just adding freeboard with no other change?

In 08, the only true Surf Boats were made by Supreme, Centurion, and Tige. A <titled Surf Boat> really means its designed as a Surf boat, and not a Wake Board boat. You generally didn't find boats that did both well, they did one really well, and the other ok.

Untill the Release of the Mojo in 12 Moomba did advertise their boats as Surf Boats, Not may did, in 12 was when several boats really dove deep into the the surf boat market because the sport was really exploding.

When I got my 08 LSV in 09 Surfing was still relatively new and lots of us on this forum were learning to surf, sharing ideas, and thoughts and even then almost everyone surfing was LSV and OBV. The XLV guys where still pretty hard core Wake Boarding.

The LSV was not designed as a Surf boat but when you weight it properly it really throws a nice Surf wave to both sides. The lower Freeboard does make some nervous as you sink the boat and surf the water level is at the rub rail. When Moomba upgraded the LSV it gave it more upper deck so the hull did not change, but it allowed you to weight it heavy and not feel like you rode as deep in the water.

This is where Supreme was ahead of the game, they have a very deep V hull, and lean the boat very hard to surf, this creats a really big nice surf wave, but in return you sit really low in the boat and the seating is low, so this creates a lot less storage under the seats and for taller guys <not me> gets uncomfortable do to leg position.

These were my regular and goofy waves on my LSV, nothing speacial in these pics, just shot with a regular 35mm camera, so unzooming to make the waves look bigger or longer.

Goofy side

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/DSC_0189.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/DSC_0189.jpg.html)

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/Alsurfingregular.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/mmandley/media/Alsurfingregular.jpg.html)

beat taco
08-29-2015, 01:13 AM
I've spent plenty of time behind a '08 OBV that throws a legit surf and wakeboard wake. LEGIT. I've spent plenty of time behind 100k boats that are surf tab equipped plus extra ballast and not throwing a Mandley Mojo wave as well. Whatever boat you get he can tell you how to dial your wave. The family here is solid.

Crane man
08-29-2015, 04:14 AM
I spent 3 years looking for a used wakeboard boat and almost settled for direct drive but kept finding other peoples problems and bit the bullet on a new Mondo. Signed paperwork on fully loaded for few k less than base model at a wakeboard tournament. They called it "boat show" pricing. Love the boat. I got sick of dealing with people that are stupid rich and don't take care of an expensive toy. Good luck in your search.

CFD3Captain
08-29-2015, 07:26 AM
What lake do you guys boat on if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the Streetsboro area, boat on Lake Milton.

We usually go to Salt Fork (Cambridge).

Thanks again guys. Lots of great info. I know the dealer wants to sell me a new boat, just wasn't wild about the way he went about it.

moombadaze
08-29-2015, 07:46 AM
the LSV is one of the best all around boats out there, it is a surprisingly great surf boat with proper ballast as Mikes photos show and with a ghetto gate your wave will be even better

CFD3Captain
08-30-2015, 11:55 AM
It really seems that no matter what I choose, I can achieve a surfable wave with a little work. I think I may have gotten the "official" go ahead today from the wife to make it happen...... I'm at work, but she text me this morning and said, "Miley is hosting the VMA's so we are watching that tonight" I said "sounds like I'll be boat shopping" Here response was THIS!!!! " haha, you already are...if we didn't have ours I would have bought the red one Friday"

Hmmm :)

Mobius22
08-30-2015, 01:22 PM
Sounds like the go ahead to me

trmaggie98
08-31-2015, 06:44 PM
What you need is this. And it just happens to be for sale.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/31/9fec1364318875b90b214ec04e89300f.jpg

CFD3Captain
08-31-2015, 10:56 PM
A little out of my price range bro. Plus it's in Texas. Way too far to drive for me.

On a side note.....my boat is officially for sale :)

parrothd
08-31-2015, 11:44 PM
I use uship, buy in Texas and ship to Illinois..;)

samvq1
09-01-2015, 08:02 PM
What you need is this. And it just happens to be for sale.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/31/9fec1364318875b90b214ec04e89300f.jpg

I think the green boat would look great.:D

trmaggie98
09-01-2015, 08:06 PM
I drive all the time. Meet in the middle.

CFD3Captain
09-03-2015, 09:19 AM
I thought about u ship but there is just something about not seeing what you are buying before hand.

Trmaggie98 you still didn't see the part I said it was out of my price range....plus my wife said it would take you 3 days just to get out of Texas lol😊

parrothd
09-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Who said anything about not seeing it?

I ask for a lot of pics and if the price is good I put a deposit via PayPal or some other protected means, maybe $500.

Then I have the owner take it to a dealer for a water test and inspection, usually around $200, you should be doing this anyways, even locally.

If the report comes back good then fly out and check it out and pay for it on the spot. Then leave the boat at the dealer and use uship to get it home..

For my current boat I flew into Texas, got a car and drove an hour to the dealer, spent 15 minutes checking out the boat. Got back in the car and caught the earlier flight home..

wolfeman131
09-04-2015, 11:37 AM
I thought about u ship but there is just something about not seeing what you are buying before hand.

you can add to what parrothd stated by just asking on this forum. Someone on here will check the boat out for you and probably already know about it.

CFD3Captain
09-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Great advice in here. I appreciate all of it.

That Guy
09-04-2015, 11:13 PM
I like the Moomba's a lot and if you go to the dealer in Cincy definitely ask for Jeff, great guy.

Where in Ohio are you? I've been to Salt Fork a few times but being in Columbus it's too far for a day trip.

CFD3Captain
09-09-2015, 12:29 PM
I like the Moomba's a lot and if you go to the dealer in Cincy definitely ask for Jeff, great guy.

Where in Ohio are you? I've been to Salt Fork a few times but being in Columbus it's too far for a day trip.

I am in Coshocton. Like wise, Columbus area too far for me for my day trips. Lol.

CFD3Captain
09-09-2015, 12:31 PM
I thought some of you might get a kick out of this. I guess my 9yo daughter wants a new tow boat too...... She worked hard on this and if only you could hear her describe all the parts. So cute http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/09/9536a23b3016dec4b375b0ca6961ef04.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/09/58c992f154d27deb8ca8b9626c440851.jpg

patrick232
09-09-2015, 12:36 PM
That would make buying the new boat easy.

zabooda
09-09-2015, 01:36 PM
I see she attached the blue ghettogate to each side. Good job.

trayson
09-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Nicely done. I was working with one of my son's basic Lego kits, so I didn't have access to some of the parts that would have make it look more realistic. But here's what I came out with:

Large open bow with nav lights
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xs0FGLZ5gxg/VfBtZT4CzUI/AAAAAAAAaNI/fsPJiHHIoF4/s800-Ic42/20150315_202924.jpg

4 tower speakers with tower towpoint. swim deck, rear pylon, rear anchor light. v-drive seating.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-quW2a9i5cNg/VfBtcqLqxuI/AAAAAAAAaNQ/gnLl3bPK2Ck/s800-Ic42/20150315_202852.jpg

4 blade prop, left and right storage lockers, and engine locker on sundeck.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LPG52PGlM2k/VfBtd6VFh9I/AAAAAAAAaNY/oTq_7eAZD38/s800-Ic42/20150315_202829.jpg

2 tracking fins, propshaft and prop
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-evmUFqVXP7E/VfBtfPtTh_I/AAAAAAAAaNg/qVyU3osqE1o/s800-Ic42/20150315_202910.jpg

CFD3Captain
09-09-2015, 02:33 PM
I see she attached the blue ghettogate to each side. Good job.

Those are actually attached to the trailer aka guide posts :). She worked just as hard on the trailer lol. The best part is the "winch" that is the tow rope. There is a kneeboard and surfboard on the racks. And a sun pad for mom. Oh don't forget dad with his backward hat lol.

sandm
09-09-2015, 04:10 PM
cfd, you are not allowed to post pics of competitors boats on this forum.

it is VERY clear that based on the half-finished windshield, lack of underseat hidden storage and goofy tower, it is an axis...

trayson
09-09-2015, 04:15 PM
cfd, you are not allowed to post pics of competitors boats on this forum.

It is very clear that based on the half-finished windshield, lack of underseat hidden storage and goofy tower, it is an axis...

lmao.....................

CFD3Captain
09-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Haha the half finished windshield made me smile!!!! I've looked at those boats and I can't get past the wind"screen"

CFD3Captain
09-25-2015, 08:56 AM
I am looking at a NEW leftover 14 LSV. The price is "close" to right but not quite there. It has package D on it (2 tower speakers and amp) I am sure I can opt to have this removed as I am sure it's not a great setup and then add my own down the road. Or is the package worth it. I think its roswell speakers and I have no clue on amp.

Also I don't think it has bow speakers, so that is something I would want to add myself down the road as well. Is this too hard? I thought it looks like the speakers are in the seat backs?

BamaMojo
09-25-2015, 09:07 PM
I am looking at a NEW leftover 14 LSV. The price is "close" to right but not quite there. It has package D on it (2 tower speakers and amp) I am sure I can opt to have this removed as I am sure it's not a great setup and then add my own down the road. Or is the package worth it. I think its roswell speakers and I have no clue on amp.

Also I don't think it has bow speakers, so that is something I would want to add myself down the road as well. Is this too hard? I thought it looks like the speakers are in the seat backs?

The factory audio setup in not desirable if you are an audio enthusiast.

CFD3Captain
10-26-2015, 10:08 AM
Just an update for those following....I sold my boat yesterday....so the REAL quest for a new one begins :)

My next question is this (yes I am REALLY straying from my initial posts). If I order a new boat, is the boat show really the best time to do so? A salesman told me on my last visit to the dealer (to pick up my Yamaha from warranty work) that now was the time to order as SC gives the dealer incentives to help keep SC busy during the winter.

jstenger
10-26-2015, 10:33 AM
Just an update for those following....I sold my boat yesterday....so the REAL quest for a new one begins :)

My next question is this (yes I am REALLY straying from my initial posts). If I order a new boat, is the boat show really the best time to do so? A salesman told me on my last visit to the dealer (to pick up my Yamaha from warranty work) that now was the time to order as SC gives the dealer incentives to help keep SC busy during the winter.
Wait for the boat show.

sandm
10-26-2015, 11:04 AM
unless you find a leftover somewhere. should be good pricing on those about now...

CFD3Captain
10-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Thanks guys! I thought waiting was the way to go. A brand new boat is a good bit more than I want to spend but I think about the warranty and peace of mind that comes with that price. With that said, I am still looking at used boats and keeping an eye out for what will soon be leftover 15's :)

CFD3Captain
10-28-2015, 10:28 AM
When are the 15's considered leftover's? I see some 16's being advertised and a lot of dealers have a Craz or two in stock now.

sivs1
10-28-2015, 11:07 AM
If budget really comes into to play here's an option.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?27199-FS-2006-Moomba-Mobius-LSV

I am looking for a 14 or leftover 15 and have had zero luck.

CFD3Captain
10-28-2015, 11:17 AM
If budget really comes into to play here's an option.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?27199-FS-2006-Moomba-Mobius-LSV

I am looking for a 14 or leftover 15 and have had zero luck.

Nice try but I am looking at 13 or newer, like you ;)

KG's Supra24
10-28-2015, 11:52 AM
2014 Mondo below 50k

http://www.greggorrmarine.com/locations/arkansas/hot-springs/gregg-orr-marine-hot-springs/inventory/isrmd363f414/

2014 LSV below 50k

http://www.greggorrmarine.com/locations/arkansas/hot-springs/gregg-orr-marine-hot-springs/inventory/isrmc113l314/

sivs1
10-28-2015, 11:58 AM
2014 Mondo below 50k

http://www.greggorrmarine.com/locations/arkansas/hot-springs/gregg-orr-marine-hot-springs/inventory/isrmd363f414/

2014 LSV below 50k

http://www.greggorrmarine.com/locations/arkansas/hot-springs/gregg-orr-marine-hot-springs/inventory/isrmc113l314/

hmmmm, only a few days worth of driving....????? Best prices I've seen

CFD3Captain
12-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Well...........look for an updated (new) thread from me over the weekend :cool: And not a new truck thread like the last one I created ;)

kaneboats
12-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Congrats! Let's see then . .. .

BamaMojo
12-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Waiting patiently 👌🏼

CFD3Captain
12-05-2015, 08:41 AM
HAHA me too!! Nothing like staying at a Hotel last night about 15-20 minutes away from the dealer, then getting up this morning to realize I'm still in EST and the Dealer is in CST!! DOH!! LOL

Waiting patiently ����

BamaMojo
12-05-2015, 08:45 AM
You have time for a big Cracker Barrel breakfast!

CFD3Captain
12-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Haha. We actually are hitting the pool for a little bit 👍

CFD3Captain
12-05-2015, 09:17 AM
Here's a teaser/hint. You can deduce a few things from this 👍😉

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/05/f3675283df97f7779dccb4fc97ce9980.jpg

CFD3Captain
12-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Yesterday was a very long day. I didn't many pictures all. Not sure it's worthy of it's own thread or not, but I will create one! Thanks to those who have responded to this thread.
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/726/22932869014_4f9c3535b0_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/AWuWZm)IMG_3253 (https://flic.kr/p/AWuWZm) by Nozzleman216 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/50034596@N02/), on Flickr