PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone replaced their 4150 Holley Carb with a QuickFuel M650?

rmaillet
08-24-2015, 05:23 PM
2015 Mobius LS, boat has been a rock but lately idles poorly and now stutters at WOT... basically time for a fuel flush and carb-re-build is what I'm thinking. Maybe Plugs and some TLC.

Been 10 years pretty much never touched carb other than clean it at the end of each season.

Has anyone replaced their Holley Carb with a QuickFuel One? About the same price in Canada ($769), the QuickFuel looks almost identical and I assume will be as tricky to set up as the Holley.

Edelbrock 1409 is about $200 cheaper - also an option, but looks like you may need to do a bit more tweaking, change the fuel lines etc...

Carb Rebuilding... I suppose this is a great option, but I have really cold feet and to be honest would prob. sub-out the work, and the final bill would prob. be close to putting in a new carb myself.

http://www.quickfueltechnology.com/carburetors-marine-series/m-650-marine-carburetor.html

thoughts, comments?

First Post.

Rob

smokeysevin
08-26-2015, 01:46 PM
The holley carb on our 04 Mobius ls uses a carb kit holley doesnt make anymore. I am in Houston and had to get one from Pennsylvania and it was the last one they could find supposedly. I was looking at the 1409 edelbrock and supposedly its drop and go but I cant claim that as truth. As a side note that quick fuel is slick looking for sure!

Sean

parrothd
08-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Stutters to WOT or Stutters while at WOT?

Call holey directly, the should still have the kits...Really I think all the carbs use the same gaskets and crap, just the power valves are different...

zabooda
08-26-2015, 02:55 PM
Stutters to WOT or Stutters while at WOT?

Call holey directly, the should still have the kits...Really I think all the carbs use the same gaskets and crap, just the power valves are different...

X2. I got mine rebuilt last year and the mechanic did some improvising with the power valves and the rebuild kit as the Holley number didn't do any good since it is a number just for the Moomba boat and hasn't been made for years. This is where grey beard mechanics are good to have around. He spent some time talking about it and the information went right over my head.