PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER happy Fresh Air Exhaust customer

5:00
08-24-2015, 02:21 PM
I got my FAE at their end of year sale and installed it almost two months ago. Everything is working great and have had no problems. It is so nice when in the back teaching surfing and riding surf. NO MORE HEADACHES!!! We do some pretty long surf sessions, usually for several hours to half a day and no one has complained about smell or of feeling bad. I think it reduced the noise by a greater percentage than they advertised. It is really nice cruising along and being able to talk to people in the boat and a normal level conversation with the surfer.
We were going the distance of the lake at night at 25 MPH on glass and could hear the water hitting the hull instead of exhaust noise.

The system went together easily and the instructions were great, everything was included in the kit as ordered. Great product.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb280/sirzappa/FAE.jpg

jmb
08-24-2015, 09:49 PM
I put av gas in mine. 101 octane. Now that smells good

168rod
08-24-2015, 10:33 PM
I got my FAE at their end of year sale and installed it almost two months ago. Everything is working great and have had no problems. It is so nice when in the back teaching surfing and riding surf. NO MORE HEADACHES!!! We do some pretty long surf sessions, usually for several hours to half a day and no one has complained about smell or of feeling bad. I think it reduced the noise by a greater percentage than they advertised. It is really nice cruising along and being able to talk to people in the boat and a normal level conversation with the surfer.
We were going the distance of the lake at night at 25 MPH on glass and could hear the water hitting the hull instead of exhaust noise.

The system went together easily and the instructions were great, everything was included in the kit as ordered. Great product.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb280/sirzappa/FAE.jpg

Any pics or vid of surf and wakeboard wake? Anyone else have FAE installed and thoughts on wake impact?

MJHSupra
08-24-2015, 11:03 PM
What is the price?
I have not been to the website to see if they list prices online.

I think there were some group-buys on those.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikenehrkorn
08-25-2015, 07:14 AM
What is the price?
I have not been to the website to see if they list prices online.

I think there were some group-buys on those.

Mark

Prices on all options are right on their website.

I got mine last season on a group buy and I believe I got $75 off.

mikenehrkorn
08-25-2015, 07:16 AM
Any pics or vid of surf and wakeboard wake? Anyone else have FAE installed and thoughts on wake impact?

I have made several changes to my ballast setup since I got my FAE but I didn't notice any changes to the wake after installing.

moombadaze
08-25-2015, 07:33 AM
have one myself, there is no impact on the wave at all. only thing you will notice if your water is clear is seeing the exhaust down In the water-pretty cool to see

08-25-2015, 10:16 AM
I haven't seen any negative impact on anything. You see the exhaust under the water as Moombadaze mentioned which adds air under the water (not on top) and the Sky Ski may lose a little bit of lift because of that but only in a swath about 2' wide. I had a buddy try it who really knows the foiling and he said he couldn't tell any difference. When you pass over it on a wake board you can't tell, you don't dip down or anything.

You don't notice any difference on a wakeboard, surf or anything else that I could tell other than clean air. They say you might lose 1 MPH of speed. I haven't noticed any drag and I rarely go at WOT.

I didn't notice any difference on the wake. The normal side is still good and the goofy side is still not as good just as it was before.

They sometimes have a Labor Day sale. I got mine at end of year clearance. I am guessing they didn't want to pay taxes on material inventory and were dumping them at a great price. If you follow them on Face Book you will see all of their sales.

sivs1
08-25-2015, 10:40 AM
I have a home made one, little different than the actual one, will have to hook up on FB to see sales. I have a buddy who slalom skis, he's skied my LSV with it and with out it. He skis at 35-38 so pretty much WOT for me and with it there is a bit of a rooster tail where the two wakes meet. I am hoping its because mine is made out of plumbing parts and nothing official.

08-25-2015, 11:08 AM
I will have to look at that. I really don't look back much at that speed and I rarely have slalom skiers. Will have to look this weekend.

MJHSupra
08-25-2015, 11:19 AM
Prices on all options are right on their website.

I got mine last season on a group buy and I believe I got $75 off.

It was $460 online for my 2007 Supra 22' SSV.
$500 with the Platform Quick Release.
$520 with the Fiberglass Platform Side-Mount
Not including shipping.

In the first picture, it that with the Optional Side Mount?

Mark

mikenehrkorn
08-25-2015, 11:39 AM
In the first picture, it that with the Optional Side Mount?

Mark

Yes (ten chars)

08-25-2015, 11:51 AM
It is the side mount. I am really glad I got it that way. I really don't want to mess with the platform because I just got a new pad the season before and didn't want to chance messing it up. My carriage bolts for the platforms aren't holding that well. I also got the flappers because I am paranoid.

I think the best deal you are going to get is end of year. I guess it is an annual thing? They make it to order so they need to have stock on materials for your particular boat. If not the deal is off.
Here is what I got and the totals.

$460.00 FAE Retail
-$125.00 Inventory Closeout
$20.00 Side Mount
$40.00 Flapper/s
$375.00 FAE Total
$44.83 Shipping Estimated

$419.83
Total $ U.S.

Beejwest
08-25-2015, 12:15 PM
I put av gas in mine. 101 octane. Now that smells good

AvGas is 100 octane. It's also leaded. No one I know of will sell you AvGas unless you're pumping it into an airplane. Are you burning race fuel? I wouldn't want to get caught on a lake with leaded gas in my tank....just sayin'.

mikenehrkorn
08-25-2015, 12:19 PM
I also got the flappers because I am paranoid.

+1 on the flappers as well for the exact same reason.

You might also want to include the platform quick release if you ever take your platform off. Even though I rarely take mine off, I got that option and don't regret the extra $40 at all.

996scott
08-25-2015, 07:21 PM
It is the side mount. I am really glad I got it that way. I really don't want to mess with the platform because I just got a new pad the season before and didn't want to chance messing it up. My carriage bolts for the platforms aren't holding that well. I also got the flappers because I am paranoid.

I think the best deal you are going to get is end of year. I guess it is an annual thing? They make it to order so they need to have stock on materials for your particular boat. If not the deal is off.
Here is what I got and the totals.

$460.00 FAE Retail
-$125.00 Inventory Closeout
$20.00 Side Mount
$40.00 Flapper/s
$375.00 FAE Total
$44.83 Shipping Estimated

$419.83
Total $ U.S.

$125 discount is pretty sweet! if i could get that i would buy one today. When do they do the end of season sale?

08-25-2015, 07:35 PM
End of the calendar year in December.

996scott
08-25-2015, 09:39 PM
thanks, i will have to remember to check their website.

168rod
08-26-2015, 07:18 PM
O
I haven't seen any negative impact on anything. You see the exhaust under the water as Moombadaze mentioned which adds air under the water (not on top) and the Sky Ski may lose a little bit of lift because of that but only in a swath about 2' wide. I had a buddy try it who really knows the foiling and he said he couldn't tell any difference. When you pass over it on a wake board you can't tell, you don't dip down or anything.

You don't notice any difference on a wakeboard, surf or anything else that I could tell other than clean air. They say you might lose 1 MPH of speed. I haven't noticed any drag and I rarely go at WOT.

I didn't notice any difference on the wake. The normal side is still good and the goofy side is still not as good just as it was before.

They sometimes have a Labor Day sale. I got mine at end of year clearance. I am guessing they didn't want to pay taxes on material inventory and were dumping them at a great price. If you follow them on Face Book you will see all of their sales.

Thanks for all the info guys ... Now does anyone have any pics or vids on how to explain to the wife why FedEx just delivered a bunch of boxes a few weeks after I just received a bunch of boxes from Exile???

08-26-2015, 07:41 PM
O

Thanks for all the info guys ... Now does anyone have any pics or vids on how to explain to the wife why FedEx just delivered a bunch of boxes a few weeks after I just received a bunch of boxes from Exile???

Oh you mean the unmarked boxes from Exile that have the extra stuff for mounting the stereo in it?
The box might contain the silencer for the boat so you can hear the music better, its part of the package. Otherwise getting the speakers is a waste.

BamaMojo
08-26-2015, 10:23 PM
Oh you mean the unmarked boxes from Exile that have the extra stuff for mounting the stereo in it?
The box might contain the silencer for the boat so you can hear the music better, its part of the package. Otherwise getting the speakers is a waste.

Well played.

168rod
08-27-2015, 07:22 AM
Got it ... Hey babe, finally received the back ordered engine silencer from the stereo upgrade.

Or just go with; it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

WhiskeyRunner
08-27-2015, 10:28 PM
with no impact to performance... why isn't this just a standard offering, it's not even worth the risk in my opinion. I went and bought one today because of this thread. Thanks for sharing this. BTW- talked with the good folks at FreshAir; they said they'd be happy to entertain a group buy discount for Moomba members if someone wants to get at least 2 or more people on this forum to purchase as well.

brain_rinse
08-27-2015, 10:54 PM
with no impact to performance... why isn't this just a standard offering, it's not even worth the risk in my opinion. I went and bought one today because of this thread. Thanks for sharing this. BTW- talked with the good folks at FreshAir; they said they'd be happy to entertain a group buy discount for Moomba members if someone wants to get at least 2 or more people on this forum to purchase as well.
There is performance impact, but in many cases it is worth it. It was to me on my LSV. It wasn't to me once I had an engine with cats.

WhiskeyRunner
08-27-2015, 10:59 PM
I guess I'm looking at it from a life saving perspective. CO is no joke, there's a reason why it's called the silent killer. In my early years as a fire fighter, you get to see first hand how quickly someone becomes incapacitated. Most people think they will just get fresh air, but CO kills so fast and makes your brain stop working before you even know what's happening. For that; there's no performance degradation great enough to convince me not to buy this for my family and boat guests. I'm ranting, but typically people don't care until after the accident unfortunately. I'm just glad i saw the post; I can't wait to get it installed and enjoy a quieter ride too.

mmandley
08-27-2015, 11:09 PM
There is performance impact, but in many cases it is worth it. It was to me on my LSV. It wasn't to me once I had an engine with cats.

What performance changes did you have with your LSV?

Are you saying you didn't get because you have Cats? Cats don't prevent the CO that the FAE is pushing down into the water.

On my LSV sometimes it seemed like the engine was less responsive but it might have been me. On the Mojo with the 345 Surf engine I notice nothing different.

brain_rinse
08-27-2015, 11:21 PM
What performance changes did you have with your LSV?

Are you saying you didn't get because you have Cats? Cats don't prevent the CO that the FAE is pushing down into the water.

On my LSV sometimes it seemed like the engine was less responsive but it might have been me. On the Mojo with the 345 Surf engine I notice nothing different.
I lost a little over 2 mph off the top end on the LSV. I noticed some impact on hole shot and responsiveness but that's tough to measure. It was a great upgrade and I was very happy with it.

The cats comment was that I already feel there is enough restriction in my exhaust system so not planning to add to it. I talked with the good folks at FAE but decided to sit this one out and just get larger speakers. :) I share the CO concerns but there are other ways I manage that.

mmandley
08-27-2015, 11:26 PM
I lost a little over 2 mph off the top end on the LSV. I noticed some impact on hole shot and responsiveness but that's tough to measure. It was a great upgrade and I was very happy with it.

The cats comment was that I already feel there is enough restriction in my exhaust system so not planning to add to it. I talked with the good folks at FAE but decided to sit this one out and just get larger speakers. :) I share the CO concerns but there are other ways I manage that.

Makes since, I never paid much attention to the Top speed, but I can agree on the hole shot and responsiveness.

I was planning on passing on the FAE on the Mojo but then we started getting really bad exhaust smell as we turned around, and Claudia started getting headaches again and this is what originally caused me to get the FAE on the LSV.

168rod
08-28-2015, 08:57 AM

I'm in ... What do we need to do? I'd like to get the side mounts, quick disconnects, and flapper.

08-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Performance changes this small can be really hard to measure. There are so many variables with checking top speed, passengers, wind, weight changes i.e. fuel weight and so on. You would really have to do a lot of runs with the same setup then repeat them again after the FAE.
I was looking at engine displacements of some of the posts. It seems us guys with the smaller motors seem to not notice the difference. The exhaust is going from two outlets to one so there will be some differences in performance just from that I would guess. It may be different for other boats also depending on the model.

Top speed missing 1-2 MPH doesn't bother me although I am not seeing that. Missing pull out of the hole is an issue for all of us though. It doesn't sound like it was much degraded though for you guys? I haven't noticed any difference at all on mine and I was looking for it but not too hard.

I think even if I were seeing slightly degraded performance it would be worth the trade off to me. If we didn't surf I probably wouldn't have gotten this but now that I do have it I see other benefits that make it worth it either way. I was REALLY pessimistic about getting this, it is a wad of money. Would it really do what it said, will it reduce performance, will it be more quiet, will it really reduce the exhaust smell, is it going to cause other issues? Glad I got it in the end.

brain_rinse
08-28-2015, 11:50 AM
I had almost 6 years with my LSV before adding the FAE, so all the changes, both good and bad were very noticeable to me. I had already given up a few mph of top speed with my prop selection in order to get better hole shot with full ballast. So losing more top speed and giving back some hole shot with the FAE wasn't ideal, but I loved how quiet it made the boat and I felt better about overall safety when someone was surfing. It made winterization easier and looked cool too, with no noticeable changes to wakeboard or surf wakes. I was very happy with it overall and think it's a great upgrade for many people.

Woody929
08-28-2015, 02:27 PM
For me, it was worth it alone just to be able to sit on the back bench and be able to talk with anybody else while under way. Before the FAE, the noise from the exhaust was just too loud, and that alone would give me a headache.

Fastest1
08-29-2015, 04:55 PM
I would be in for 1 if the group buy was a decent discount.

168rod
08-29-2015, 06:06 PM
I would be in for 1 if the group buy was a decent discount.

Just got off the phone with Larry at FAE. Told him we were looking for a group buy and he said to give them a call and they'll give us a quote based on number of buyers. Gave him my info and order ... He said Christine will call me on Monday with cost; based on group size.

WhiskeyRunner
08-29-2015, 08:30 PM
Thanks 168Rod, I'm just too swamped to gather all the interested parties, I appreciate you doing that. Christine said she'd count my order as well. So if we get 3 it's one discount, and if we get more than 5 I think she said it would be more. Sounds like we got at least 3 going, so very cool.

jmb
08-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Got to get in gas cans. Airport Wil sell it to you. There are no cats on my boat. Lead in gas actually lubricates. $5.35 a gallon here

168rod
08-29-2015, 11:21 PM
Thanks 168Rod, I'm just too swamped to gather all the interested parties, I appreciate you doing that. Christine said she'd count my order as well. So if we get 3 it's one discount, and if we get more than 5 I think she said it would be more. Sounds like we got at least 3 going, so very cool.

No worries ... Looks like you, Fastest1, and me.

OrangeCrush
08-30-2015, 10:07 AM
I am in on getting one. Let me know how and when for group buy.

nitrodude24
08-30-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm in also I will toftt on the 15 mojo

moombahighrider
08-30-2015, 04:33 PM
I'm in too

jstenger
08-30-2015, 05:39 PM
What are the discounts going to be?

mmandley
08-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Traditionally it's been 50-75 off the order.

Beejwest
08-30-2015, 09:23 PM
Got to get in gas cans. Airport Wil sell it to you. There are no cats on my boat. Lead in gas actually lubricates. $5.35 a gallon here

But why? Not only are you pumping lead into your lake, but you're burning gas that's double the cost, without any added advantage. Your outback should run just peachy on 89 or higher. Not to mention the whole "getting caught with dyed blue leaded avgas in my boat" part.

Beejwest
08-30-2015, 09:25 PM
The EPA won't even let you pour water contaminated fuel on the ramp anymore after removal from an aircraft. Doubt they'd be stoked to have it in a lake.

jelmhorst
08-31-2015, 09:19 AM
I would be interested in the group buy as well. To help with the count:

1 Fastest1
2 Whiskeyrunner
3 186rod
4 Orangecrush
5 Nitrodude24
6 Moombahighrider
7 jelmhorst

Fastest1
08-31-2015, 10:37 AM
Just spoke with Larry just to alleviate any questions I had regarding fit etc. He was aware of the interest. He wasnt sure of the %.

moombahighrider
08-31-2015, 11:37 AM
Just spoke with Larry just to alleviate any questions I had regarding fit etc. He was aware of the interest. He wasnt sure of the %.

So, should I call my order in yet or wait?

moombahighrider
08-31-2015, 01:33 PM
What are the discounts going to be?

Ok, just talked to FAE. The deal is 3 plus orders is $50 off. 7 plus orders is $75 off. I am waiting for a call back to finalize my order, but I will be the third order. They will only give the $50 off until at least 7 orders are made.

So, you who haven't ordered yet need to get after it asap, please. You can call or do it online, but you need to specify the moomba forum group buy.

Let us know when you order so we can keep a tally.

168rod
08-31-2015, 05:12 PM
Ok, just talked to FAE. The deal is 3 plus orders is $50 off. 7 plus orders is $75 off. I am waiting for a call back to finalize my order, but I will be the third order. They will only give the $50 off until at least 7 orders are made.

So, you who haven't ordered yet need to get after it asap, please. You can call or do it online, but you need to specify the moomba forum group buy.

Let us know when you order so we can keep a tally.

Already ordered and in production...

jstenger
08-31-2015, 05:16 PM
How many confirmed orders do we have?

moombahighrider
08-31-2015, 08:13 PM
How many confirmed orders do we have?

Just 3 as far as I know

Fastest1
08-31-2015, 09:57 PM
Just ordered mine.

So that is 4

moombahighrider
09-02-2015, 10:29 AM
So, what happened to all this interest initially? Anyone else planning on pulling the trigger?

nitrodude24
09-02-2015, 12:08 PM
I have pulled the trigger yet. I ve had to send measurements and they are working up a design for the single outlet designs for the 15s with the Raptor. But soon as they nail it down I'm in

nitrodude24
09-02-2015, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=nitrodude24;275942]I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I ve had to send measurements and they are working up a design for the single outlet designs for the 15s with the Raptor. But soon as they nail it down I'm in[ and will order then
/QUOTE]

JoelFett
09-02-2015, 03:39 PM
^^^ What he said.

moombahighrider
09-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Nice, guys. Hopefully they will count it towards the group buy and then we just need one for more.

09-03-2015, 09:55 AM
It may help to put up a new thread asking others that haven't seen this thread to see if anyone else is interested. They get straight in to the next level of discount so that may help also.

moombahighrider
09-03-2015, 11:06 AM
It may help to put up a new thread asking others that haven't seen this thread to see if anyone else is interested. They get straight in to the next level of discount so that may help also.

You make a good point...

09-03-2015, 03:25 PM
You make a good point...

It was bound to happen eventually.

Fastest1
09-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Just received mine! Can't wait to install it.22971

wolfeman131
09-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Any word on a model for the Raptor motor?

168rod
09-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Just got off the phone with Larry at FAE. Told him we were looking for a group buy and he said to give them a call and they'll give us a quote based on number of buyers. Gave him my info and order ... He said Christine will call me on Monday with cost; based on group size.

Received mine Thursday and installed on Friday!!!!
Took me 4-hours from prep to clean-up ... Working with stainless is a pain in the butt.
First impression; WOW!!! Wish I installed this two years ago!
No change to surf wave or wakeboard wake, and no noticeable change in hole shot or WOT.
First trip out today with the wife and she had to tell me to turn the music down because it was too loud.

mojo25
09-08-2015, 01:03 AM
I just noticed this thread. Is it too late to get in on this group deal? I am ready to order one now for my 2012 Mojo 2.5. If not too late, What do I need to do?

moombahighrider
09-08-2015, 02:11 AM
I just noticed this thread. Is it too late to get in on this group deal? I am ready to order one now for my 2012 Mojo 2.5. If not too late, What do I need to do?

Just call fresh air exhaust and mention you want in the moomba forum group buy. They will talk you through the rest. It should be no problem for you to get in on it.

mojo25
09-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Thanks! I think this is a must have modification since the wife is preggo and we spend a lot of time on the boat.

09-08-2015, 06:06 PM
I think this is a must have modification since the wife is preggo.

That's TWO good reasons right there!

OrangeCrush
09-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Just ordered mine yesterday. I don't know what number that makes me though.

moombahighrider
09-09-2015, 02:35 PM
If mojo25 ordered, that makes at least 6. It may be as many as 8, if the raptor single exhaust has been figured out and those guys have ordered.

bluice311
09-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Any word on a model for the Raptor motor?

I contacted them about one for my Mondo yesterday. This was the response I received, "Thanks for your interest in our exhaust systems. We've done a few of the 2015 Moombas but I can't find any pictures to show you. We'd love to build a system for your boat. Since you have a 2015, we have not verified 100% consistency in exhaust outlet placement and would need to verify measurements on your boat. Your system would be similar to the design we are now using for many Tige singles."

168rod
09-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Received mine Thursday and installed on Friday!!!!
Took me 4-hours from prep to clean-up ... Working with stainless is a pain in the butt.
First impression; WOW!!! Wish I installed this two years ago!
No change to surf wave or wakeboard wake, and no noticeable change in hole shot or WOT.
First trip out today with the wife and she had to tell me to turn the music down because it was too loud.

moombahighrider
09-09-2015, 06:50 PM
I contacted them about one for my Mondo yesterday. This was the response I received, "Thanks for your interest in our exhaust systems. We've done a few of the 2015 Moombas but I can't find any pictures to show you. We'd love to build a system for your boat. Since you have a 2015, we have not verified 100% consistency in exhaust outlet placement and would need to verify measurements on your boat. Your system would be similar to the design we are now using for many Tige singles."

I had to do measurements for mine because I went with the one-piece y pipe design. It was not hard to do at all.

mikenehrkorn
09-09-2015, 08:48 PM
You won't be sorry with the newer Y design -- that's what I got and I think it looks great as well as being effective.

jelmhorst
09-14-2015, 05:22 PM
I'm late to the game but got my order in today. Kristine mentioned that I make number 7 so myself and the 6 before me will be getting the $75 off. She mentioned that those that ordered before me would get an additional $25 back mailed to them. If you want one, today and tomorrow are it for the $75 off list.

TrickBoardz
09-14-2015, 10:55 PM
Hey guys! I know there is a specific group buy thread but saw a lot of activity here and wanted to make sure everyone saw. The group buy is now up to $75 off!! Anyone that's on the fence about ordering, you have one more day to take advantage of this huge discount! As jelmhorst stated above, anyone that was part of the group buy and their FAE has already been shipped will be receiving their additional $25 back.

Thanks again to everyone for their support. Order at www.freshairexhaust.com; call 512.647.7321; email at [email protected]. Also, don't forget to LIKE us on Facebook and share your install and surfing pics. We always love getting customer feedback.

Christina

Fastest1
10-04-2015, 03:29 PM
Finally got my boat out of the water to do the FAE install. Seemed to be about like everyone else's experience. A few hours worth of work. Nothing difficult. It is kind of a PIA under the back of the boat.

mojo25
10-05-2015, 01:02 PM
I love my FAE! Great addition. The noise level is definitely way down (at least 50% reduction). No effect on the wake or wave.