PDA

View Full Version : Up to date winterization guide for 13 and newer

sledneck__11
08-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction for a up to date complete winterization of 13 and newer moombas, tips and tricks people do aswell, dealer wants 800 for winterization and oil change and i would like to do it myself and this is my first vdrive thanks again guys

wolfeman131
08-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Did your dealer mean 800 quarters?

sledneck__11
08-22-2015, 09:36 PM
Did your dealer mean 800 quarters?

I wish, 450 for winterization, 250 for oil changes plus taxes and shop supplies be over 800 so i an mechanicly inclined and want a more up to date winterization process so i can spend tbe saved coin on other toys haha

valleywine
08-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Plumb in a flush system and circulate RV antifreeze. This is suffice for my climate. My shop charges $200 for fluid changes and another $100 to winterize w/o heater unit. May be more w/ heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledneck__11
08-22-2015, 10:18 PM
We get cold over here -40 celcious cold, so want to be as safe as possible boat will be in indoor cold storage as the mrs has claimed the garage this year after last winter haha

smorris7
08-24-2015, 11:40 AM
I wish, 450 for winterization, 250 for oil changes plus taxes and shop supplies be over 800 so i an mechanicly inclined and want a more up to date winterization process so i can spend tbe saved coin on other toys haha

250.00 for an oil change that takes 10 minutes? Highway robbery at its best. Do it yourself. Super simple to winterize and change all fluids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
08-24-2015, 09:14 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction for a up to date complete winterization of 13 and newer moombas, tips and tricks people do aswell, dealer wants 800 for winterization and oil change and i would like to do it myself and this is my first vdrive thanks again guys

Suggestion for future years to save $$$: learn to do the oil changes yourself. Depending on how much you use your boat, most change the oil in mid-summer and the end of the year. If you live in warmer part of the country, it many be more.
You would need to invest in something to get the oil out of the boat. Like a drill-pump down the dip stick.
Oil filter wrench.
Oil filters and oil can be purchased at many places.
There are threads on the Moomba and Supra sites.

There is a really good thread on how to get ready for winter.
This was on a 2006, but should work:
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?9877-Winterization-Procedure-with-pics-by-Al
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?6925-Winterization-Procedure-with-pics-new-and-improved
I do not think it covers the heater unit.

I live the south, so I just get the water out of the boat. Some guys use the RV antifreeze.
If I lived in a colder climate, I would drain the water and hook-up an anti-freeze system on the motor.

M-