PDA

View Full Version : Ear flaps on helmet

Smrtz
06-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Ok so I bought the protec wake helmet, has it been 3 weeks yet?? I have noticed that the one ear flap was comming unclipped very easy... every time I took it off the flap would pop out. Last nighht we went out... based on the ease that it was comming off it could have fallen off during a run or because of a fall but, now one of the flaps is gone!

Im wondering if anyone knows if you can get replacement flaps... Im just kind of annoyed because I spent almost 100.00 on this thing . i tryed to email protec from their website but, the mail just bounces back..

Has anyone had any contact with protec or heard of this issue before?

Thanks

qb12
06-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Smartz, My son's snowboard helment did the same thing everytime he took it off. I ended up taking a pair of plyers and bent it to stay on.

I just bought him a wakeboard helment with the ear flaps and hopefully I don't have that problem again. I paid $55.

Have you checked with where you purchased the helment about getting a hold of protec.

By the way I looked up their toll free number and it is 800-338-6068.

db

Smrtz
06-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Ill give them a call and let everyone know what the outcome is... actually Im going to call the place i bought the hemet, and 4 wakeboards, and my ropes, and my board shorts.... Lets see if customer loyaty pays off in this instance!!

Smrtz
06-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Tryed to call that number It doesnt work either!!

Smrtz
06-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Ok so I called Barts, they rock there... they gave me a couple of numbers..

As it turns out, Protec is actually a subsiduary of Vans you call 562-565-8267 and ask for protec customer support

if you are in Canada, the wholesale distributor for protec is Sports Odyssée Inc. Their number is 450-465-0450.

Im calling now stay tuned