PDA

View Full Version : Autoflow 2.0 settings

Jon
08-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Here are few tips for setting up your boat for wakesurfing with the Auto Flow 2:

Ballast and passenger placement: Rear weight will add to the height of the wave and typically give you more push. Additional bow weight will lengthen the wave but will decrease some of the height. On the Craz I would recommend filling rear ballast 100% on each side and favor a passenger or 2 towards the surf side. If you feel there isn't enough push with all ballast full in the boat, drain the bow bag some to achieve a taller wave with more push. It is also important to keep in mind passenger placement in this equation. Sitting passengers in the rear vs the bow will result in the same way as ballast.
Wakeplate Position: The wakeplate in a higher position will result a taller wave with more push. A lower wakeplate setting will lengthen the wave but you will lose some push.
Speed: Ideal speed will vary based on the amount of ballast and passengers you have in the boat. A slower speed will give you a taller wave with more push. Higher speeds will give you a longer wave. You typically want to speed up some when you have heavy ballast and/or passenger load. I would recommend running between 10.2 and 10.8 mph verified by GPS on the Craz, again depending on your weight configuration.
Auto Flow 2 settings: Much like the wakeplate, the position of the Auto Flow 2 plates can change the shape of the wave. The Craz stock settings are 65% for port side surfing and 75% for starboard side. For reference, 0% is all the way up (not deployed) and 100% is fully deployed. Lower percentages than that of stock will result in a taller wave with more push. Higher percentages than stock will result in a longer, more mellow wave, more ideal for a lighter or skim style rider.

Based on your described setup, what you are looking for, and following the tips above, I would recommend the following:

Speed at 10.4 mph
Ballast 100% in both rear bags and around 60% on the gauge for the front/middle.
Wakeplate all the way up.
Auto Flow 2 settings at 60% for port side and 70% for starboard side surfing.
Passengers number is a variable so I would just start by placing them in the cockpit, again maybe 1 extra person favoring the surf side. If you have a heavy passenger load, distribute some to the bow or fill the bow ballast more.

Hopefully those tips will help you out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jwredmon101
08-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Thanks for all the replies.. So what your saying Jon is if I am looking for more push while im surfing the port side ... I need to lower the percentage from 85% to lets say 60 percent in order to create more push?

Jon
08-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Yes, lowering the Auto Flow 2 settings will help but that is just one part of the equation. Make sure all other items are set correctly as well. Follow my final suggestions in my post above and you should see good results.

07STI
08-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Jwredmon101,

Where are your passengers placed in the boat?

Also, here are few tips for setting up your boat for wakesurfing with the Auto Flow 2:

Ballast and passenger placement: Rear weight will add to the height of the wave and typically give you more push. Additional bow weight will lengthen the wave but will decrease some of the height. On the Craz I would recommend filling rear ballast 100% on each side and favor a passenger or 2 towards the surf side. If you feel there isn't enough push with all ballast full in the boat, drain the bow bag some to achieve a taller wave with more push. It is also important to keep in mind passenger placement in this equation. Sitting passengers in the rear vs the bow will result in the same way as ballast.
Wakeplate Position: The wakeplate in a higher position will result a taller wave with more push. A lower wakeplate setting will lengthen the wave but you will lose some push.
Speed: Ideal speed will vary based on the amount of ballast and passengers you have in the boat. A slower speed will give you a taller wave with more push. Higher speeds will give you a longer wave. You typically want to speed up some when you have heavy ballast and/or passenger load. I would recommend running between 10.2 and 10.8 mph verified by GPS on the Craz, again depending on your weight configuration.
Auto Flow 2 settings: Much like the wakeplate, the position of the Auto Flow 2 plates can change the shape of the wave. The Craz stock settings are 65% for port side surfing and 75% for starboard side. For reference, 0% is all the way up (not deployed) and 100% is fully deployed. Lower percentages than that of stock will result in a taller wave with more push. Higher percentages than stock will result in a longer, more mellow wave, more ideal for a lighter or skim style rider.

Based on your described setup, what you are looking for, and following the tips above, I would recommend the following:

Speed at 10.4 mph
Ballast 100% in both rear bags and around 60% on the gauge for the front/middle.
Wakeplate all the way up.
Auto Flow 2 settings at 60% for port side and 70% for starboard side surfing.
Passengers number is a variable so I would just start by placing them in the cockpit, again maybe 1 extra person favoring the surf side. If you have a heavy passenger load, distribute some to the bow or fill the bow ballast more.

Hopefully those tips will help you out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Great info.

I'm a little confused about the bow bag though. My Craz did not come with the optional 500# bow bag. Based on what you've noted, if I had the 500# bow bag, that would really only serve to lengthen the wave and not provide much push (all other things being the same as stock). So is the bow bag really needed? If I upgrade rear bags, that should increase the height and corresponding push. However, if I also add weight to the bow, that will lengthen the wave and make it shorter (height perspective)...essentially counteracting the increased rear ballast?

My hope is that if I go from 650's in the back to 1,100's, but also add 650 to the front, the net 300# increase in the back will be enough to keep a relatively long wave, but also increase height/push. I'll have the ability to reduce the front weight if needed, as well as adjust the autoflow setting.

Do you have any recommendations for upgrading the bags?

Thanks

Jon
08-10-2015, 02:42 PM
07STI,

I would highly recommend adding the bow bag for surfing, especially if you are upgrading the rear bags to 1,100's. If you were to fill the 1,100's full and have 6-7 people all sitting in the cockpit area, that is too much rear weight. You will want to add bow weight to lengthen the wave and get the bow down. With surfing it's all about finding YOUR perfect combination of length and height on a wave. I stress the YOUR part because different riders are looking for different waves. Beginners want a tall wave with tons of push for learning. More advanced riders typically want a big wave with a longer wave face for tricks. Over time you will find that perfect combination of rear and bow weight that will work best for you.

philnizz
08-11-2015, 09:11 AM
great info! what would you recommend for the 2016 mojo? do you think this is pretty much adaptable for the mojo?

goose
08-11-2015, 03:08 PM
The 2016 Mojo and 2016 Craz have very similar hulls so you can start with those settings for the 2016 Craz and that will give you a decent starting point. As we have suggested, I highly recommend you experiment with all the variables to find out what suits you best. Keep in mind that overall ballast (ballast and passenger weight) makes the biggest impact on waves or wakes.

philnizz
08-12-2015, 03:34 AM
thank you! i'll try that. my mojo will be here by next week. i'll let you know what works best for me.

Thomasr
04-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Hi Guys,

I received my Craz and try now to find out the best weight setting for wakesurf and wakeboard.
For wakesurfing Jon did a great job and I think that settings should also work for me.

But what about wakeboard. If I let the bags filled and increase the speed, one the right wave (driving direction) is okay but not the left one. I haven't tested it with a rider, because in Switzerland the lakes are still about 51 Fahrenheit... so this will change the behavior also.
So my questions, what are the prefered settings for a Craz when you try to wakeboard.

Best regards
Thomas

mmandley
04-25-2016, 12:05 PM
I always thought the Surf systems, Flow, Flow 2.0, Swell, and such are only for Surfing, they do not deploy for wake board speeds?

Pound
05-06-2016, 12:23 PM
Question:
If the 500# IBS fills after the hard tank, and the above settings call for 60% full for middle/front ballast, does that mean the IBS won't actually have any water in it? (tank+IBS = 1300#; 60% of 1300 = 780# which is less than the tank itself, right?) Plus w/the higher bow of surf speeds it's even less likely that the IBS will have any water in it. What am I missing here?

07STI
05-06-2016, 12:40 PM
This is a good question...Based on what I read from other people (mostly those with Mojo's), I think the bow/center should be at 100% vs 60%. I don't think it would work to fill both the bow/center 100% and then drain the center. The bow would just drain back into the center tank. If my thoughts aren't accurate, I'm all ears to hear from the experts.

Can't wait for the darn water to warm up here so I can get back out and actually dial in the surf wave.

blackcup
05-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Got my 2014 Mojo out on the water today for its first test run after having the manual Flow replaced by the Autoflow 2.0

My first opinion ... completely underwhelmed :-(

Before I jump to any solid conclusions I need to spend a few more hours with it to try everything ... but here is what I tried today.

I have the 1100's in the rear lockers with a 650IBS up front. We ride goofy so I had goofy side bag at 100% full and non surf side bag at 80%. Tried it with the non surf bags at 75%, 60% even 40%. Tried with the IBS and centre tank totally full ... tried it with the IBS at 50% and with the IBS empty. Just could not get ANY PUSH out of this wave. Tried speeds from 9.8 to 10.6mph. Tried wake plate at 0/50% and 100%.

I have been riding hopeless behind my Mojo for quite some time and have no issues whatsoever keeping up with the boat ... until now. I was pumping the wave as hard as I could and I could only JUST stay with the boat. As soon as I stopped pumping I fell right back out. Even putting MAJOR front foot weight (to the point I would bury the nose) would not give me the speed I needed to keep up.

After trying for 30+ mins and all those variables we decided to drop the surf setting from 5 LED bars down to 4 and then 3. 3 seemed to be the best. The wave had a little more push but definitely not enough to ride comfortably in the pocket without a rope for any extended period of time.

What setting are you guys using on your flow controller?

I am more than choked right now because after this "upgrade" I am short $6K and have a boat that I can't surf behind.

BrettLee3232
05-25-2016, 10:52 PM
Got my 2014 Mojo out on the water today for its first test run after having the manual Flow replaced by the Autoflow 2.0

My first opinion ... completely underwhelmed :-(

Before I jump to any solid conclusions I need to spend a few more hours with it to try everything ... but here is what I tried today.

I have the 1100's in the rear lockers with a 650IBS up front. We ride goofy so I had goofy side bag at 100% full and non surf side bag at 80%. Tried it with the non surf bags at 75%, 60% even 40%. Tried with the IBS and centre tank totally full ... tried it with the IBS at 50% and with the IBS empty. Just could not get ANY PUSH out of this wave. Tried speeds from 9.8 to 10.6mph. Tried wake plate at 0/50% and 100%.

I have been riding hopeless behind my Mojo for quite some time and have no issues whatsoever keeping up with the boat ... until now. I was pumping the wave as hard as I could and I could only JUST stay with the boat. As soon as I stopped pumping I fell right back out. Even putting MAJOR front foot weight (to the point I would bury the nose) would not give me the speed I needed to keep up.

After trying for 30+ mins and all those variables we decided to drop the surf setting from 5 LED bars down to 4 and then 3. 3 seemed to be the best. The wave had a little more push but definitely not enough to ride comfortably in the pocket without a rope for any extended period of time.

What setting are you guys using on your flow controller?

I am more than choked right now because after this "upgrade" I am short $6K and have a boat that I can't surf behind.

Very strange. When I upgraded from auto flow 1.0 to 2.0 it was noticeably better. I never surfed the manual flow though. Granted I have a mondo but I figured the mojo would surf better. My flow setting is 60%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackcup
05-25-2016, 10:55 PM
Very strange. When I upgraded from auto flow 1.0 to 2.0 it was noticeably better. I never surfed the manual flow though. Granted I have a mondo but I figured the mojo would surf better. My flow setting is 60%

I posted my results in the thread in the wake surf forum so I have a dupe thread going here ... but when you say 60% ... how are you getting that number? I have the wakeland controller and it has LED lights that go from 1 through 5. I had it set to 3.

BrettLee3232
05-25-2016, 10:57 PM
I posted my results in the thread in the wake surf forum so I have a dupe thread going here ... but when you say 60% ... how are you getting that number? I have the wakeland controller and it has LED lights that go from 1 through 5. I had it set to 3.

I have the OEM auto flow so it's not the WakeLand controller. I would assume 3 is around 60% though

blackcup
05-26-2016, 12:18 AM
Hmmmm ok thanks. Does anyone have the actual measurements of the plates from a 2.0 system? I was told that wakeland supplied the exact OEM plates to the new Moombas so I'd just like to double check.

blackcup
05-26-2016, 12:37 AM
Nvm ... found the old post on the differences between 1.0 and 2.0 and I def have the 2.0 plates. Was hoping it was maybe a mis ship :D

07STI
05-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Nvm ... found the old post on the differences between 1.0 and 2.0 and I def have the 2.0 plates. Was hoping it was maybe a mis ship :D

You should check to see what settings 1-5 equate to as % deployed. I have the autoflow, which allows me to set the % deployed in 5% increments. My best wave was at 55%. I assume you'd want setting 3, but that's just assuming each setting is a 20% change.

blackcup
05-26-2016, 01:48 PM
Yeah got a reply back from the guy at wakeland this AM. For stock goofy it should be 4 LEDs ... for stock regular should be 3 LEDs. Then just adjust from there as necessary.

JeffCook3
05-27-2016, 11:21 PM
You should check to see what settings 1-5 equate to as % deployed. I have the autoflow, which allows me to set the % deployed in 5% increments. My best wave was at 55%. I assume you'd want setting 3, but that's just assuming each setting is a 20% change.

55% on both sides?

jtatexc
05-28-2016, 12:10 AM
55% on both sides?
A few runs now 3-5 people and am getting 55 both sides as best wave. Def between 50 and 60 for us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mattsask
05-28-2016, 12:17 AM
Are you shifting people to the surf side or letting them sit wherever they want?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

07STI
05-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Agreed with 50-60%. I would favor towards the surf side with weight of passengers. Don't need everyone on the surf side, but favor it.

We've got rain most of the weekend, so I'm still waiting to get out on deeper water to give the wave true tests. I'm hopeful that I can add more weight up front to get a longer wave than when I was in shallow water.

blackcup
05-29-2016, 02:33 PM

Yeah so each LED represents 20%. LED 3 = 60%. LED 4 = 80% etc. Unfortunately doesn't look like I get to really DIAL it in like you guys do with the 5% increments.

blackcup
05-31-2016, 08:29 PM
So got it back out today for another run. MUCH BETTER than the last one ... kept the plate at about 50-60% deployed. Surf side bags were 100%, non surf bags 80%, IBS full. Added a 500lb bag on the goofy side under the seat. Had the wakeplate fully engaged today and it seemed to have the most push but it wasnt terribly long.

Definitely a "different" wave then what the manual flow was giving but that isn't a bad thing. Just need more time to get used to it ... but was able to ride ropeless quite easily. I'm sure it will only get better as we add people and as I get used to it a bit more.

Has anyone with the new 2.0 plates tried added the wakeshaper to the side?

mattsask
05-31-2016, 08:36 PM
So got it back out today for another run. MUCH BETTER than the last one ... kept the plate at about 50-60% deployed. Surf side bags were 100%, non surf bags 80%, IBS full. Added a 500lb bag on the goofy side under the seat. Had the wakeplate fully engaged today and it seemed to have the most push but it wasnt terribly long.

Definitely a "different" wave then what the manual flow was giving but that isn't a bad thing. Just need more time to get used to it ... but was able to ride ropeless quite easily. I'm sure it will only get better as we add people and as I get used to it a bit more.

Has anyone with the new 2.0 plates tried added the wakeshaper to the side?
Just waiting for my suction cut to get here and I'll let you know.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

BrettLee3232
05-31-2016, 08:43 PM
I went out this weekend and made a slight adjustment & made the wave a little better. I went from 10.3 to 10.8mph & adjusted the wake plate from 100% down a little bit to get a longer wave. Most people was 50-60% I like it at 60-100% for me but I'm a fat ass. The wave was super steep and long and it was by far the best wave behind my boat to date. Flow was at 65%.

My goofy wave was improved drastically as well. I only filled the port bag maybe 25% everything else was full. Wake plate 50-100% depending on rider and flow at 100%. Speed 10.8.

I could never ever get a decent looking goofy wave when the boat was evenly weighted. I only got a picture of the goofy wave when my buddy was at optimal angle for a perfect fit haha

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160601/38ad3df2dc3525fecfc9a03d12756e00.jpg

Wax
05-31-2016, 09:12 PM
Definitely a "different" wave then what the manual flow was giving but that isn't a bad thing. Just need more time to get used to it ... but was able to ride ropeless quite easily.

I'm glad you're riding ropeless now...when you said you were trying to ride hopeless before, I was a little concerned about your well being.

kaneboats
06-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Got nothing on BretLee's buddy who ride's BOARDLESS!

blackcup
06-02-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm glad you're riding ropeless now...when you said you were trying to ride hopeless before, I was a little concerned about your well being.

ahahahah damn autocorrect!! Im not gonna lie ... I did feel a little hopeless as well. Things are looking up now :D

blackcup
06-08-2016, 02:47 AM
So just to update ... finally got 6-8 people out on the Mojo yesterday for some surf sessions. 1100 lb bags full ... 80% full on non surf side. 400b straight line bag under the seats. 650IBS up front. Wave is a DREAM. Really long and steep with tons of push. Had absolutely no issues whatsoever keeping up with the boat after trying a trick and getting pushed out. Took a shit ton of weight but all in all very happy with the 2.0 upgrade.

Time for the 2079 prop though as it will barely go over 12mph.

pdhj1990
06-27-2017, 09:58 AM
We have the 15 Mojo Surf Edition. We upgraded the rear bags to 1,100. We also use steel pellet ballast bags under the port and starboard seats. We considered the Enzo bags, however we didn't want to loose storage space. We also add the steel pellet ballast bags up front to lengthen the wave. Depending on the number of passengers, we use between 300 and 700 lbs of steel ballast bags. Unused bags are left at our boat slip.
Goofy side wake plate set at 65%, trim tab 75% and speed 11 mph. This combination with the extra weight produces a great wave. I'll try and get some pics this weekend.

Stazi
06-27-2017, 03:15 PM
So I figured out that you can actually change the surf tab level on the 2017 Autowake 2.0!
When you are in auto wake mode you use the up down arrows to change the surf tab percentage up or down by 5% increments! You can also adjust the wake plate. I found the best setup for My Craz with 1100's per the pic belowhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170604/3f974994861f0f66f180677b65c58049.jpg

Railroadkenny502
07-30-2017, 08:36 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170731/e661a13572e6a0995ee9770e951122cf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170731/d39fe8ec0c6df8557cd8f407ead1d2c5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170731/4154a705bcec9731168344fe291cdc2f.jpg my best setup 17 mojo . Awesome push upgraded rear bags Enzo 1450s with extra 450 fat sack on back seat

Stazi
03-28-2018, 12:15 PM
Make sure all other items are set correctly as well. Follow my final suggestions in my post above and you should see good results.

Wakeplate all the way down? That’s just going to flatten the wave. I run at 0-15% max

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeepers
04-13-2018, 04:54 PM
07STI,

I would highly recommend adding the bow bag for surfing, especially if you are upgrading the rear bags to 1,100's. If you were to fill the 1,100's full and have 6-7 people all sitting in the cockpit area, that is too much rear weight. You will want to add bow weight to lengthen the wave and get the bow down. With surfing it's all about finding YOUR perfect combination of length and height on a wave. I stress the YOUR part because different riders are looking for different waves. Beginners want a tall wave with tons of push for learning. More advanced riders typically want a big wave with a longer wave face for tricks. Over time you will find that perfect combination of rear and bow weight that will work best for you.

More speed = more “push”. Push is the same as lift. Use small increases in speed. You only want to increase lift of the rider, not the hull. It’s a fine line: too much speed and the hull will begin to plane. You only want to increase lift “push” of the rider. More weight; rear and bow will help maintain wave height and length while increasing speed to create more lift “push”.

I’ll get beat up on here for the above statements. Don’t listen to them, they have no idea what they’re talking about. They’re just regurgitating bits and pieces of what they’ve heard from more people who don’t know what they’re talking about. Just try it and don’t forget if you’re not getting the lift “push” that your looking for at 12 mph, you need more weight.

russellsmojo
04-13-2018, 05:54 PM
Jeepers I wonder if you could have helped op without calling everyone on the forum out? This is not trumps twitter feed lol.

shockthis
04-25-2018, 10:16 AM
What settings are people using for the Sl for surfing goofy?

Jeepers
04-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Jeepers I wonder if you could have helped op without calling everyone on the forum out? This is not trumps twitter feed lol.

Wasn’t calling anyone out. Sorry if that’s how it was interpreted. However, in my defense whenever I’ve provided that same advise in the passed on this forum I get my ass handed to me “that I don’t know what I’m talking about.” So, VS history repeating itself I figured I pre-empt the argument.

In the future I will choose my words better.

dakota4ce
04-25-2018, 10:41 AM
I would hate to hear you call someone out! 🤣🤣
Would get bloody!

Jeepers
04-25-2018, 10:48 AM
I would hate to hear you call someone out! 🤣🤣
Would get bloody!

[emoji106][emoji23]

Pound
04-25-2018, 11:39 AM
Has anyone seen or heard of a way to scientifically measure the "push" of a surf wave? it seems like it'd be fairly straightforward in the right conditions. You could tether a buoy to the bottom of the lake (assuming a proper but not excessive depth), with a dynamometer or fish scale type device that can measure and record a max reading. then pass close by the buoy w/the boat (at desired surf speed and desired setup) and record the force exerted on the scale.
Measuring several boats, or a boat that is known to have an outstanding setup and voila. Obviously this is not something the average owner would be willing to do just to dial in their wake, but if the manufacturers did this it could certainly help dial in the factory settings for each boat's autowake/autoflow system.
If you had access to a private lake, you could even set up several successive measuring points and make controlled adjustments along the path and then review the results.

Nevermind, this is stupid. Far easier just to do it via trial and error w/a qualified pro and call it a day ;-) KISS

russellsmojo
04-25-2018, 11:44 AM
Wasn’t calling anyone out. Sorry if that’s how it was interpreted. However, in my defense whenever I’ve provided that same advise in the passed on this forum I get my ass handed to me “that I don’t know what I’m talking about.” So, VS history repeating itself I figured I pre-empt the argument.

In the future I will choose my words better.

Hey we need a little spice every now and then![emoji106]. We could have a bad suggestion thread. That would be fun.

Jeepers
04-25-2018, 11:49 AM
Hey we need a little spice every now and then![emoji106]. We could have a bad suggestion thread. That would be fun.

That’s a great suggestion!!

Theodoric
11-27-2018, 06:38 AM
This is a good question...Based on what I read from other people (mostly those with Mojo's), I think the bow/center should be at 100% vs 60%. I don't think it would work to fill both the bow/center 100% and then drain the center. The bow would just drain back into the center tank. If my thoughts aren't accurate, I'm all ears to hear from the experts.

Can't wait for the darn water to warm up here so I can get back out and actually dial in the surf wave.

waleczka
02-22-2019, 07:57 AM
nice :) good question :)

KnoxMojo
05-04-2019, 09:17 AM

The only way to do this would be to install an inline ball valve to close off the bow bag from the hard tank. It would be something you'd have to manually open and close.

rdlangston13
05-05-2019, 09:26 AM
The only way to do this would be to install an inline ball valve to close off the bow bag from the hard tank. It would be something you'd have to manually open and close.

Problem with that is if you had a valve between the two and you closed it to drain the center tank there would be no way for air to enter the tank to take the place of the water you are removing. This will result in a cracked and busted tank

KnoxMojo
05-05-2019, 10:27 AM
Then I guess I wouldn't do it

rdlangston13
05-05-2019, 10:29 AM
Then I guess I wouldn't do it

Yeah, this issue was discovered by people placing check valves on the vent line for the IBS/center hard tank. Resulted in some busted center tanks.

KnoxMojo
05-05-2019, 10:38 AM
Oh that's a bummer. Good catch, I'd never want to do it, so had no idea. Then maybe a manual pump over the side and the bag not plumbed in?

Stazi
05-05-2019, 11:02 AM
Oh that's a bummer. Good catch, I'd never want to do it, so had no idea. Then maybe a manual pump over the side and the bag not plumbed in?

That’s what I use for supplementary bags.

parrothd
05-07-2019, 10:47 AM
I always thought the Surf systems, Flow, Flow 2.0, Swell, and such are only for Surfing, they do not deploy for wake board speeds?

Anyone know if there's a new firmware update for 2019?

Kxmoomba
07-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Read though this a few times and thought I understood it all. Got my pitch and roll set to surf goofy at 9 and 3. put more people on the starboard side and auto wake keeps dumping the bag on the starboard side. Why is that? I fill all bags to 100% manually and turn auto wake on when I am getting in the water. The wave is good and has push but it just doesn't make sense to me that it is dumping the surf side and is not asking to move weight either.

Arcadyus
07-01-2019, 02:49 PM
Read though this a few times and thought I understood it all. Got my pitch and roll set to surf goofy at 9 and 3. put more people on the starboard side and auto wake keeps dumping the bag on the starboard side. Why is that? I fill all bags to 100% manually and turn auto wake on when I am getting in the water. The wave is good and has push but it just doesn't make sense to me that it is dumping the surf side and is not asking to move weight either.

Have you tried evenly distributing the passengers. If so does auto wake still dump surf side?

parrothd
07-01-2019, 03:01 PM
Have you tried evenly distributing the passengers. If so does auto wake still dump surf side?

It's working as it should, you have the roll set to 3 and you have more roll than 3 degrees, it's dumping surfing side ballast to get back to the 3 degree roll. Use the default values for the roll, I think it's 5?

Move people to the port side, autowake can then drain that side. But really you want to have 5 roll. It only tells you to move weight when the side its trying to adjust is at 100 or less than 80%.

Best to fill up to 100%, turn on autowake and get up to surf speed, then check the pit/roll and move people to help obtain the desire pitch roll while moving. You get max ballast that way.

Stazi
07-01-2019, 03:04 PM
Goofy really needs to be around 5°.

Kxmoomba
07-01-2019, 05:25 PM
OK, for some reason I thought I read 3 and -3 for port. I will try 5. I guess when goose was saying to Maximize the weight by putting more people on the surf side. It dumps it out to around 70% on the surf side.

Stazi
07-01-2019, 10:34 PM
OK, for some reason I thought I read 3 and -3 for port. I will try 5. I guess when goose was saying to Maximize the weight by putting more people on the surf side. It dumps it out to around 70% on the surf side.

It will dump from the surf side if you have MORE roll than the setting in Autowake. Because of prop rotation the roll to the left for Natural footers will always be less than the roll to the left for Goofy footers.

I find -3.5° for Natural and 5° for Goofy.

Pay attention to the positive and negative values. -ve is roll to port/left and +ve is roll to starboard/ right.

Kxmoomba
07-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Ok, Thank you guys. Thought I was loosing it there for a bit. I think I got the -3 or -3.5 for port mixed up with 5 for starboard. either way the wave was better than when we tried manually. We are headed on a week long boat vacation tomorrow so hopefully we get a lot of time to learn from Autowake!

Govind Dass
03-04-2021, 03:35 AM
The 2016 Mojo and 2016 Craz have very similar hulls so you can start with those settings for the 2016 Craz and that will give you a decent starting point.

noahcentineo3
03-17-2021, 03:19 AM
The hull design for Craz. Combine Mojo's performance and space in a slightly shorter package. The result is a sturdy bow-shaped design with all the advantages of Mojo in go and final performance.

Ricky62
02-26-2022, 01:03 PM
Improving your mojo in 2016 include setting achievable goals, focusing on one task at a time, taking breaks regularly, and using productivity tools

sprit
04-09-2022, 08:17 AM
Autoflow makes it easy to draw flows. Simply select 2 objects and a line will be magically drawn between them.

Run Autoflow
Select any 2 shapes whille holding down ⇧SHIFT and a line will be drawn
Keep selecting until you're all wired up..

FM Whatsapp (https://gbplus.net/download-fmwhatsapp-apk/)

okedoky
04-11-2022, 03:37 PM
Ok, looking to resurrect this Zombie thread. Just got my new 2022 Mojo and wondered if anyone has suggestions for surf set-up for 2021 models. I played with it a bit but upgraded from a 2006 XLV and have lots to learn with the wakeplate and surf tabs. Any advice is welcomed, Thanks!

HFarr
04-11-2022, 05:34 PM
I have a 21 Makai, so I cant speak directly about the ?Mojo. But First off, make sure you burp all the air out of your bags before you start changing any settings. End of the day, the factory settings are pretty dang good for the most part. Tweaking in your preferences based on the size crew you have seems to be a moving target. I know this doesn't answer your question, but just wanted you to know to double check your bags for air. Flipping the fill switch back on until the overflows shoot water out does not mean that they still don't have a lot of air, thus less water weight, in them either. Open the hatch and look for the big balloon.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

okedoky
04-12-2022, 03:39 PM
You mean look for the bags to be inflated when they should be empty? And thanks for the advice

HFarr
04-12-2022, 04:51 PM
Not exactly, when you fill them to 100% with water, there is usually air trapped in them which will keep the water from filling to the top. They have bleeder valves on them that don't really work very well, so you have to loosen it to let air out then tighten it back up. There are some workarounds. I did this to mine using some 20 dollar irrigation line bleeders and it works pretty well.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VfdzhLi6uYWrgnk7A

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220412/fc0268dea6450ca9198c3afc1c1323f1.jpg

okedoky
04-13-2022, 10:24 AM
Ok, i get it, thanks, I will check into that

Lastsoul
08-27-2022, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the information mate.
FMWhatsapp update (https://gbwamod.com/download-fmwhatsapp-apk/)

rockymtnsurfer
09-05-2022, 08:34 AM
Not exactly, when you fill them to 100% with water, there is usually air trapped in them which will keep the water from filling to the top. They have bleeder valves on them that don't really work very well, so you have to loosen it to let air out then tighten it back up. There are some workarounds. I did this to mine using some 20 dollar irrigation line bleeders and it works pretty well.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VfdzhLi6uYWrgnk7A

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220412/fc0268dea6450ca9198c3afc1c1323f1.jpg

Has this been working well? And does it hit the bottom of your Port and Star rear trays?

HFarr
09-05-2022, 09:44 AM
Has this been working well? And does it hit the bottom of your Port and Star rear trays?I added the larger WM bags and don't have them on anymore. But, when they were on my stock bags, they did work well and didn't hit my trays. I had about 1/2" clearance under them. I need to try them on the WM bags, but the thread size is different.

rockymtnsurfer
09-10-2022, 08:51 AM
I added the larger WM bags and don't have them on anymore. But, when they were on my stock bags, they did work well and didn't hit my trays. I had about 1/2" clearance under them. I need to try them on the WM bags, but the thread size is different.

All the info I read on them says they won't let water out.......I just want to bleed the air out if there is some, but I love my rear trays and its a pain to take them out.
I don't use my bags 100% full, so I have 4 inches or so of space. Let me know how it goes with the new bags

HFarr
09-12-2022, 03:10 PM
I didn't end up putting then on the new bags. I have gotten in the habit of just opening the deck pads and loosening one if the bleeder valves to get the air out when they are about half full now. It is really easy and fast to do now that the bins aren't in there. It also gives me the comfort of making sure the bags are "standing up" like they should be and not crooked or leaning to one side. On the storage bins, you can probably trim the plastic on the bin back around where the gas tubes connect so that you have enough clearance to get the bin out without having to disconnect them every time. I was going to do that to mine, but now I have them out all the time. Then again, you would probably still have to unload the stuff stored in them.

rockymtnsurfer
09-13-2022, 07:48 AM
I didn't end up putting then on the new bags. I have gotten in the habit of just opening the deck pads and loosening one if the bleeder valves to get the air out when they are about half full now. It is really easy and fast to do now that the bins aren't in there. It also gives me the comfort of making sure the bags are "standing up" like they should be and not crooked or leaning to one side. On the storage bins, you can probably trim the plastic on the bin back around where the gas tubes connect so that you have enough clearance to get the bin out without having to disconnect them every time. I was going to do that to mine, but now I have them out all the time. Then again, you would probably still have to unload the stuff stored in them.

Good point.....I did that on my 19. I like the trays....we use a lot of wet suits and they are handy for holding everything. Thanks for the comments

Lastsoul
09-23-2022, 05:48 AM
It is very amazing indeed.
yo whatsapp (https://gbwamod.com/download-yowhatsapp-apk/)