PDA

View Full Version : Flag Poles

Wolf-
06-14-2006, 08:13 PM
I know, strange question, but has anyone mounted a flag pole to their tower yet?
I'd like a nice small American flag or Jolly Roger.
I've seen the ones that connect to a stern light, but since I don't run a stern light, won't work.

Been through the boat cats and have seen a lot of poles, but none the will wrap around the tower easily.

moombadaze
06-14-2006, 08:47 PM
i mounted a flag off the rear boarding handle for the swim platform-
looks good but just cant use it if the tow rope is comeing off
the ski pole--there may be a picture in one of the jamboree
photos that were posted.

stacy

Wolf-
06-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Ed G
You can still clearly see my shotgun and my fishin'pole in the rear window.

Double Barrelled side-b-side I'm sure....

cptmoomba
02-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Sorry if this is a little late or not needed anymore, but the following link has a pretty pricy but pretty tight tower clamp that holds a 5/8" flag rod. It matches the polished aluminum and you can choose your tower diameter while ordering. I just got my break in hours completed and was looking for something nice looking to display the US Flag from the tower.

http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?products_id=980&ref=6

wazzumoo
02-23-2007, 07:31 PM
CPT-

Here is another one for about half the cost if you are still interested......

http://www.boatersoutlet.com/browseproducts/Watersports-Flag-Holder-For-Wakeboard-Towers.html

cptmoomba
02-23-2007, 07:51 PM
wazzumoo,

Thanks. Definitely going to go with that one instead!

NCSUmoomba
02-26-2007, 04:01 PM
On my 2001, there is a flat area at the top of the tower, so I used a Taylor 3/4" flag pole socket with an 18" Taylor flag pole. I think I got them from West Marine or maybe Overtons. I just drilled and tapped the tower and mounted the sockect directly to it. It is kind of crowded up there since I have the tow point, anchor light, and the flag pole all on that one spot, but it fits.

zippy
05-15-2007, 08:29 PM
i've been looking for a way to put flags on my tower. thanks for the info on where to find them.

bucky145
06-16-2007, 10:17 PM
I just bought the same Airhead mount from Target.com. I had some online coupons. My state does not require skiers to fly the orange skier flag but after a near miss I'm going to start.

Bucky145

NateDog
07-13-2007, 02:33 PM
www.airboom.com