PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Outback/SK and Outback LS?

goldilost
08-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Hi All,

I am new here and I'm looking at a 2006 Moomba Outback. I was going on NADA to get some idea of pricing and wasn't sure of the different models. I do know the ones w/ a 'V' it is a V-drive. I do NOT want a V as I mostly slalom. Do any of you know what the difference is between an Outback/SK and an Outback/LS on the 2006 model? The 1 I'm looking at does not have the wakeboard tower/cage (which is fine with me as I have a fly high for those times when a friend wants to wakeboard).

My "dream boat" is a Malibu Response LXi, but the Moomba seems like such a great comparison and so much better on the budget. Thoughts?

Thanks so much.

JesseC
08-10-2015, 12:25 PM
I believe the difference is the LS had a drop style transom that made it a little more wakeboard friendly and has the letters"LS" on the side of the boat. The Outback/SK is more of a true ski slalom boat and has the "Roo" on the side skiing. Please correct me if I am wrong , but here are the links to both boats in the archive section of the site:

Outback LS
http://www.moomba.com/archive/06-outback-ls

Outback
http://www.moomba.com/archive/06-outback

JesseC
08-10-2015, 12:26 PM
Also here is some wording on both boats from the Archive:

Outback/SK - "Professional skiers will appreciate the USA Water Ski certified world-record capable hull"

Outback LS - Whether you’re wakeboarding, slalom skiing or tubing, the awesome Outback LS creates the ideal wake.

goldilost
08-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Also here is some wording on both boats from the Archive:

Outback/SK - "Professional skiers will appreciate the USA Water Ski certified world-record capable hull"

Outback LS - Whether you’re wakeboarding, slalom skiing or tubing, the awesome Outback LS creates the ideal wake.

I didn't know about the archive. Very helpful. Thank you!

maxpower220
08-10-2015, 06:09 PM
The Outback (SK) is the standard inboard ski boat from Moomba. It is 20.5' long. The Outback LS, was the "crossover" inboard and is 21.5' long. The Outback will have a better ski wake.

The faster you ski, the Outback has a very nice wake. It is quite comparable to any other 20.5' ski boat. I did a ski school behind a CC 206, the Outback wake was slightly smaller and much softer than the CC. The Outback tracking isn't the best, but you could tune the rudder if you needed.