PDA

View Full Version : Stock 2014 LSV Prop?

CamperCarl
08-08-2015, 06:53 PM
I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this question. When I bought my boat last year it came with an upgraded prop. I never thought twice to check the numbers on it. However, since I have upgraded the ballast the boat seems sluggish. I checked today and I have a 537 installed. Wakemakers say this is for an Outback V and used for recreational purposes. What do you guys think, it doesn't sound like an upgrade to me?

drewintejas
08-09-2015, 10:40 AM
They are calling it an upgrade because it is an Acme. The 537 is no good for a weighted boat. I have a few 1235 acmes on the shelf. I can make you a heck of a deal on one. It will be a great all around prop. If you weight the boat a lot I would suggest a new OJ prop we tested in the 2015 mojo. It was one of my favorite props we have used.

Buckeye LSV
08-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Our '14 LSV came with the 537 as well and we found it to be a big let down as the boat wouldn't hardly plane out with stock ballast. Made the switch to a 1433 and it was a huge improvement. Since then I have tried the 1235 ( .5" bigger dia. with same pitch) and didn't see a big change between it and the 1433, but the boat ran just as well. For now sticking with 1433 for hull and trailer clearance. But as we are surfing more and adding weight I see the 1617 as a winter purchase, but I don't want to lose any more top end????

rdlangston13
08-09-2015, 05:18 PM
I run an ACME 1847. I would be cautious about the OJ props. Seems a lot of people have issues with blades coming off of those.

Sent from my iPhone

CamperCarl
08-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys for the responses. I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer, but I'm sure I will have to purchase a new prop. We love our LSV, but seems odd that you pay for an upgraded prop that can't enable the boat to do what it is suppose to do. I'm even running stock ballast, plus an IBS and only 5 people on the boat and we couldn't get it to plane out. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if we actually had the boat weighted to the name plate.

mcdye
08-10-2015, 10:46 AM
For the LSV, most had clearance issues/concerns with the trailer and the Acme 1235 thus the 1433 was used in its place. I went from a OJ to Acme 1433 on my '10 LSV and was pleased with the results.