PDA

View Full Version : Best Water Spot Remover?

JHutch
08-07-2015, 11:43 AM
Whats everyone using for water spots after a day on the water? I have used 50/50 vinegar and water but was looking for something that doesn't smell and doesn't strip the wax.

Myth
08-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Hot Sauce. Smells like candy. $45 per gallon at Bakes (http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2637) I bought a gallon early last year and I've gone through about half of it.

New Guy
08-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Performance Boat Candy. I am putting together a group buy just waiting to hear back from them.

trayson
08-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Hot Sauce. Smells like candy. $45 per gallon at Bakes (http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2637) I bought a gallon early last year and I've gone through about half of it.

Hot sauce by boat bling smells like Vinegar. But it works awesome.

$49 shipped from explosivepowersports.
$50 shipped if you have amazon prime
$45 less 10% forum discount. if you bundle it with other stuff to get to $99, you'll get free shipping from Wakemakers.

I've never used anything else. I just researched a lot and went with the consensus that I found from others experiences.

07STI
08-07-2015, 03:19 PM
I just ordered from Overton's earlier this week. I want to say the water spot remover was less than $45 and shipping was free.

brain_rinse
08-07-2015, 03:46 PM
After years of Babes, then Boat Candy, then Hot Sauce... I just mix up my own. I start with a 50/50 mix of vinegar/water and add no-rinse carwash and spray wax. It's < $1 per quart and works better for me than any of the others.

smorris7
08-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Keep in mind that vinegar will strip of the wax on your gel coat.

brain_rinse
08-07-2015, 05:16 PM
The spray wax puts it back. :)

But seriously, anything that is stripping off mineral deposits is going to remove wax.

996scott
08-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Vinegar and water, it's that simple. You can start with like 25% vinegar and if that is not working go up to 50%. Like Brian said, really cheap.

jmvotto
08-07-2015, 08:11 PM
After years of Babes, then Boat Candy, then Hot Sauce... I just mix up my own. I start with a 50/50 mix of vinegar/water and add no-rinse carwash and spray wax. It's < $1 per quart and works better for me than any of the others.
I like that idea.

uniwarking
08-07-2015, 09:05 PM
I use PBC but I've been alternating with vinegar water... hard to beat the cost! I like brain rinse's idea of just adding car wash soap and spray wax...

mmandley
08-07-2015, 11:27 PM
I originally used Babes Boat Bling, worked great while I had the white tan LSV, not so good on a dark grey Mojo
Switched to Boat Candy and it worked better on the Mojo but not excellent.

I then switched to Hot Sauce and it works the best.

I have done, and do use the 50/50 distilled white vinegar and distilled water method at the end of the year. This does remove a lot of water spots, also I spray it in all my carpeted areas before storage as it prevents mildew, and spiders.

I prefer to use Hot Sauce after every outing because it will keep all the larger hard spots off the boat. I do not like to use the 50/50 method too often because 1 it really stinks to high hell, 2 I have to wax the boat after, 3 because it burns like hell when it gets in your eyes.

I did just buy a Nanoskin
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOS0LH2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Basically like a clay bar but reusable, I haven't tried it on the boat yet as it removes everything, I did how ever try it on the Vette, and I was pretty dam happy with the results. The half of the hood I did first was smoother, and water would not bead on it showing all the wax was removed. I will try it on the boat later next week and see how it does.

I personally am always looking for a better way to remove spots then chemicals and or buffing.