PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket surf system option

Derrick
08-06-2015, 10:18 PM
I came across the Wakeland Surf Control System today. Anyone have any experience with it?

http://www.wakelandmfg.com

jmvotto
08-06-2015, 10:26 PM
Interesting address for sure in maryville TN

viking
08-06-2015, 10:30 PM
and only models available right now are SC products...........

uniwarking
08-06-2015, 10:36 PM
From the page, they are the OEM supplier to SC.

c h r i s
08-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Any idea how much? I had been eyeing the Go Surf system at wake makers for my 2013 mojo but if competitive would rather have the same co used as SC' oem applications.

viking
08-06-2015, 10:54 PM
I highly doubt they would cut their throat by selling an OEM system direct to the end user. More than likely have to buy through an SC dealer if you want their system. Happens all the time with other vendors to the manufacturers.

jmvotto
08-06-2015, 11:07 PM
Heard this was coming and they may even retro fit these to older boats like my 2012 xlv ... Very interested.

mmandley
08-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Pretty sure this is the company that makes the Auto Flow and Swell for SC, after they released the original Auto Flow I was told an aftermarket company was working on an interface design to allow those with older bolts to use the Flow.

I was told more specifically that the Flow would fit my boat but SC had no way to control it yet, as SC uses the dash computer and the 12-13 Mojo have different computers.

Last quote I was given was 5K for all the stuff and install.

For the OP, you have a 14 LSV so you should be able to get the Auto Flow from SC for a decent price since all they have to do if Flash your current computer, then you have the Factory Direct design. The Plates, and Actuators look to be exactly the same as SC is using.

beat taco
08-06-2015, 11:20 PM
I've decided to add tabs to my old pig. To do so I assume I will be cutting my floor and putting reinforcement plates on the back side of my transom?

Boonejeepin
08-06-2015, 11:30 PM
I've decided to add tabs to my old pig. To do so I assume I will be cutting my floor and putting reinforcement plates on the back side of my transom?

In my humble opinion, I don't think reinforcement is needed. Some may disagree but I see no signs of stress on my transom even with large tabs installed. I don't think any of the trim tab systems use backing plates including tabs mounted on ocean boats, etc....

My advice is to be sure that you get enough upward and downward travel for the tabs. Actuator mounting points have a drastic effect on range of motion for the tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beat taco
08-06-2015, 11:35 PM
In my humble opinion, I don't think reinforcement is needed. Some may disagree but I see no signs of stress on my transom even with large tabs installed. I don't think any of the trim tab systems use backing plates including tabs mounted on ocean boats, etc....

My advice is to be sure that you get enough upward and downward travel for the tabs. Actuator mounting points have a drastic effect on range of motion for the tabs.

So is the eBay deal you got the best way to go, and readily available?

Boonejeepin
08-06-2015, 11:43 PM
It was a good deal for me but not sure if it is the best way to go. I got all the pieces needed to start my project but still needed a tab with a much larger surface.

The surplus Mastercraft tabs did not come with a control switch or hardware. I also added tab side actuator mounts in addition to the mounts that were built on the tab. I don't know where to find prefabbed tabs that would work without modification if not buying a system like WaveControl/GoSurfAssist.

I spent around $600 total.

beat taco
08-06-2015, 11:47 PM
I really like the setup on my buddies Sanger 215 and will have to do some research. It's a Bennett system I believe.

Boonejeepin
08-06-2015, 11:53 PM
I think Bennet offers both electric and hydraulic. Electric is an easier install due to the lack of a pump.

Derrick
08-07-2015, 07:44 AM
I highly doubt they would cut their throat by selling an OEM system direct to the end user. More than likely have to buy through an SC dealer if you want their system. Happens all the time with other vendors to the manufacturers.

You are correct. They told me that I would have to purchase through my local SC dealer. They are not currently selling direct to the end user.

moombadaze
08-07-2015, 07:50 AM
perfect timing, Im wanting to add tabs, didn't see a way to get a price on there website, really only want/need the hardware on the transom, controls used could be just the standard lenco switch's.

I have the ghetto gate and love the wave im gettin now but with our lake being so short and having to make a fairly tight turn at one end I think the tabs would be better for us

jstenger
08-07-2015, 11:26 AM
If you look at there website, they show the aftermarket controller for older boats. Also, for you other LSV guys, my salesman claims that there is a 2015 LSV with the Autoflow installed from the factory which he sold earlier this year. Sure wish he would have told me about it when the boat was there. Now I have to hunt down the owner.

jmvotto
08-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Should be around 3 k

c h r i s
08-08-2015, 12:54 AM

Hopefully they've negotiated out older models from any kind of exclusivity with SC. My 2013 does not have the electronics required to run the tabs that the 2014 and newer models have and I'm not really interested in the manual tabs. The Mojo and many other SC models are listed on their website so I'll keep my fingers crossed when I give them a call next week. At the end of the day, I really don't care how I get the autoflow/swell type tabs, be it through them or SC, I'd just like to get it w/o buying a new boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmvotto
08-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Hopefully they've negotiated out older models from any kind of exclusivity with SC. My 2013 does not have the electronics required to run the tabs that the 2014 and newer models have and I'm not really interested in the manual tabs. The Mojo and many other SC models are listed on their website so I'll keep my fingers crossed when I give them a call next week. At the end of the day, I really don't care how I get the autoflow/swell type tabs, be it through them or SC, I'd just like to get it w/o buying a new boat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is there plan, I assume they will. Be dealer install only