PDA

View Full Version : 14 Mondo Ballast pump controls, should these wires be connected?

JD14Mondo
08-04-2015, 06:48 PM
While looking for a leak. I noticed these wires are not connected. It goes to the ballast control. The connectors are a perfect match. I hooked them together and turned ignition on. After 30 seconds or so something came on and ran for just a couple of seconds. I had never heard that before. I unplugged wires and it did not run whatever it was. Does anybody know what this does or controls? Should these wires be connected? I have never had any problems with the ballast system. Thanks for any help and advice. Sorry pic is sideways.

mcdye
08-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Did you trace the wires back down to see where they go?
The box mounted on the transom, I believe is called the PDM. It does more than just ballast.

I may be wrong but if I was guessing it may be to the wake plate. You mentioned hearing something with ignition on..The wake plate should be going down for taking off, then to user set position once on plane.

jstenger
08-05-2015, 08:50 AM
+1 on the wake plate.

JD14Mondo
08-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Thanks that is exactly what it is. Power to the wake plate. No wonder it never seemed to effect wave much. Indicators on dash showed movement but it was not working. Called dealer this morning and his "tech guy" said it was for ballast timers. You guys rock. Can't wait to see what a working wake plate does to the wave. Thanks again.

mcdye
08-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the update.. You can now tweak the wake :)