PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading the AutoFlow to the new 2.0

Gettin' It
08-01-2015, 08:36 AM
Anyone else tried this yet? Spoke with the factory and they said it is totally doable. About $1000 for all parts, new plate and both new tabs. That's not terrible pricing, but I think I can fab them for less. Working with my dealer now to see about borrowing a side off one of the displays for the day so my machine shop can copy it.

jeamk03
08-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Did they say if there was any hull work needed or does it plug right into the existing brackets?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jmvotto
08-01-2015, 10:37 PM
The wake plate has a new shape too, with the 2.0?

Gettin' It
08-04-2015, 05:06 PM
No mods to the hull at all. The wake plate is WAY bigger and has a few different screw holes, so at the most a tiny bit of filling and drilling. The Surf tabs are completely different shape but have the exact same bolt pattern as the auto flow. So you don't even need to change the hinges, just the plates themselves.

2015 Autoflow
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h473/Pearlcrx/IMG_1663.jpg (http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/Pearlcrx/media/IMG_1663.jpg.html)

2016 Autoflow 2.0
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h473/Pearlcrx/IMG_1659.jpg (http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/Pearlcrx/media/IMG_1659.jpg.html)

jeamk03
08-04-2015, 07:56 PM
Nice! Let us know how it works if you pull the trigger. This may be an upgrade to add to the list.

Knoppster171
08-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Keep us posted for sure I would like to upgrade my 2015 mojo to the larger plates

BrettLee3232
08-23-2015, 01:15 AM
Anyone else tried this yet? Spoke with the factory and they said it is totally doable. About $1000 for all parts, new plate and both new tabs. That's not terrible pricing, but I think I can fab them for less. Working with my dealer now to see about borrowing a side off one of the displays for the day so my machine shop can copy it.

I'm interested as well. Have your machine shop keep a template & I'll buy it as well! Pending price of course...let me know how much they charge you!!! Maybe if we had enough people we could get a group buy or something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reeder
08-28-2015, 03:02 PM
Does anybody know if the AutoFlow 2.0 would fit on an older hull like mine? 2008 OBV. Even though we are able to surf and have fun the way our boat is, I like the idea of trying to get the best surf wake possible out of this older hull.

Gabbyg88
08-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Does anybody know if the AutoFlow 2.0 would fit on an older hull like mine? 2008 OBV. Even though we are able to surf and have fun the way our boat is, I like the idea of trying to get the best surf wake possible out of this older hull.
I was wondering the same thing for 07 OBV...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WhiskeyRunner
08-29-2015, 08:32 PM
Talked to a dealer and he was not overly excited with the Auto-flow, thought it needed to be matured a bit before it was a good retrofit. Anyone had it long enough to speak to the quality of the wave and if the mechanics are free of problems?

icemanftr
09-04-2015, 04:28 AM
Sure would be nice to see if this 2.0 would fit on my 13 LSV... I really don't want to upgrade to a Craz and lose my ass on my boat in resale...

pslitty
03-14-2016, 12:13 AM
So did anyone figure out if older boats can do this? Just got a 2008 XLV last fall and want to do this if possible. Let me know!

fairlydangerous1
07-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Old thread but I can tell you my NEW Craz with 20 hours has problems with the wave coming and going like the electronics stop intermittently. Someone is out surfing, the wave just disappears, then come back, and at the same time trim adjustment quits working, them comes back. At the dealer now except they are telling me 3 weeks out to look at it. NOT happy with that. When the system worked I was pretty happy with the wave. Got about 30 minutes of good waves before it started acting up. At first just starboard side was acting up (only 1 of 5 of us surf that side) then second day started acting up on port side too.

icemanftr
07-08-2016, 05:55 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160708/0273319a39d8bf6131d1aedd0baf5d34.jpg

My suck/surf tab never lets me down. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ngarcia
07-08-2016, 06:43 PM
My mojo started doing the same thing took it in to the dealer and they say it has a safe guard in the system that will shut the system down if the boat speed goes over 15 mph with the plate in the down position. So I have been dropping the plate after the boat planes and is at is surfing speed. No more problems so far.

Fastest1
07-09-2016, 12:05 AM
No mods to the hull at all. The wake plate is WAY bigger and has a few different screw holes, so at the most a tiny bit of filling and drilling. The Surf tabs are completely different shape but have the exact same bolt pattern as the auto flow. So you don't even need to change the hinges, just the plates themselves.

2015 Autoflow
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h473/Pearlcrx/IMG_1663.jpg (http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/Pearlcrx/media/IMG_1663.jpg.html)

2016 Autoflow 2.0
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h473/Pearlcrx/IMG_1659.jpg (http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/Pearlcrx/media/IMG_1659.jpg.html)

I am not impressed with the cylinder attachment points at all. Right next to the hinge? Not much room for leverage there. Cylinder mounts to the platform too?

blackcup
07-09-2016, 02:07 PM
We are having the exact same issue ... turns out they actuators are faulty. I figured it out when I put it on the lift and cycled through the various %'s. It would say that it was at 30-40% engaged but the plate was fully engaged. Then when backing it off it would say 60-70% and it would be 0%.

They are replacing them on Tuesday so we will see.

The wave is really inconsistent from rider to rider even run to run. Sometimes it would look amazing ... then 5 mins later it would be shit.

mattsask
07-11-2016, 10:18 AM
Old thread but I can tell you my NEW Craz with 20 hours has problems with the wave coming and going like the electronics stop intermittently. Someone is out surfing, the wave just disappears, then come back, and at the same time trim adjustment quits working, them comes back. At the dealer now except they are telling me 3 weeks out to look at it. NOT happy with that. When the system worked I was pretty happy with the wave. Got about 30 minutes of good waves before it started acting up. At first just starboard side was acting up (only 1 of 5 of us surf that side) then second day started acting up on port side too.
Keep me informed on what they figure out if you wouldn't mind. My goofy wave has been doing that for a while now, but I had just assumed it was wind/weeds/shallow water until it happened in 60ft of water this weekend. I'm experiencing exactly what you described.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

fairlydangerous1
07-11-2016, 02:51 PM
This is what I think is happening to me. They are not completely engaging. Find out when it gets back from the dealer.

fairlydangerous1
07-11-2016, 03:12 PM
We are having the exact same issue ... turns out they actuators are faulty. I figured it out when I put it on the lift and cycled through the various %'s. It would say that it was at 30-40% engaged but the plate was fully engaged. Then when backing it off it would say 60-70% and it would be 0%.

They are replacing them on Tuesday so we will see.

The wave is really inconsistent from rider to rider even run to run. Sometimes it would look amazing ... then 5 mins later it would be shit.

EXACTLY what I was getting.

fairlydangerous1
07-12-2016, 07:44 PM
Got my boat back today. Lake this weekend. Dealer told me loose connector with bent pin. From factory that way. Should be good to go. Also water in boat from loose fitting on port ballast. Update after 5 days at the lake. that should shake out any non resolved issues.

fairlydangerous1
07-20-2016, 12:58 PM
Yep, loose connector must have been the problem. Surf system worked like a champ. Boat still water in though.

Mc_Mojo
09-20-2016, 11:11 PM
Hey everyone,

New here and recently picked up a 2016 Mojo surf addition and have been having similar issues. Surf wake will sorts disappear then come back, or not. I'm still playing with getting the ballast weights right so actually haven't been able to let go of the handle when surfing yet. When draining the ballast, getting a lot of water underneath the floor. I was checking wake makers site for information on upgrades and they say that the IBS / front ballast overflow should come out the starboard side near the driver through hull vent. Somethings going on, and will be bringing it to the dealer in the next couple of weeks as our season in GA is coming to and end soon.

wolfeman131
09-21-2016, 01:01 PM
our season in GA is coming to and end soon.

got at least 6 wks left!

Mc_Mojo
10-03-2016, 10:54 PM
I'm still out there hitting it, but my wife isn't as cold tolerant. Plus GA power has started draing our fav places to ride. Water this weekend at Lake Oliver was a comfortable 81/82 deg. As far as I'm concerned, the season doesn't end!

Stazi
10-05-2016, 07:23 AM
I'm still out there hitting it, but my wife isn't as cold tolerant. Plus GA power has started draing our fav places to ride. Water this weekend at Lake Oliver was a comfortable 81/82 deg. As far as I'm concerned, the season doesn't end!

Shit, that's as warm as it gets at our summer peak in MI. We've been wakeboarding in 61F water and 50F airtemps, as of last weekend. A lot of you southerners are soft!

jbauer
03-13-2017, 01:22 PM
Any word on producing the parts and how the modification went?