PDA

View Full Version : Digital Cruise not holding speed?

Miller_Time
07-30-2015, 09:04 PM
Hey guys. I have a 2010 LSV and I'm having a hard time getting the Moomba Digital Cruise to hold the speed while surfing. I'm running 1100 lbs bags I'm the rear, 400 in the locker and 650 IBS. The cruise swings over 1 mph when surfing which is causing wave problems for us.

I had a 2008 before and the PP was awesome, plus you could adjust it for more wait. I don't see that option on MDC.

Anyone else having this problem? If so anyone have any tips because I'm at a loss.

Thanks!

mmandley
07-31-2015, 12:53 AM
I have been seeing this every so often when we surf goofy mostly.

To fix it I just speed up the cruise about 2mph, then bring it back down to were I want to be. I think its caused by turbulence on the paddle wheel. Not positive but doing the speed up and slow down by at least 2mph seems to fix it.

Miller_Time
07-31-2015, 06:04 PM
I have been seeing this every so often when we surf goofy mostly.

To fix it I just speed up the cruise about 2mph, then bring it back down to were I want to be. I think its caused by turbulence on the paddle wheel. Not positive but doing the speed up and slow down by at least 2mph seems to fix it.

Hmm I'll have to try that.

Also anyone have any experience withe nauticlaugic GPS receiver. Supposedly the Malibu crew rave about it.

csm
07-31-2015, 07:02 PM
Are you moving to WOT after the cruise pro engages? I know if I forget to do that the speed doesn't hold as well.

mmandley
07-31-2015, 11:44 PM
Hmm I'll have to try that.

Also anyone have any experience withe nauticlaugic GPS receiver. Supposedly the Malibu crew rave about it.

I have one in the box, planning on installing it the week of Aug 8th

Miller_Time
08-01-2015, 05:08 PM
I haven't been going WOT because PP told you not too. But I'll definitely give that a try.

Let me know if you like the GPS!

Miller_Time
08-11-2015, 08:18 PM
I have one in the box, planning on installing it the week of Aug 8th

Hey mmandley,

Did you get a chance to test out the GPS yet?

What did you think?

mmandley
08-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Hey mmandley,

Did you get a chance to test out the GPS yet?

What did you think?

Should be installing today after I upgrade my stereo.
Stereo is never done.

5:00
08-12-2015, 11:38 AM
This is the only time I have had problems with mine. The throttle was just at the tipping point. I just needed to jam the throttle down a bit further but I never open it wide.

5:00
08-12-2015, 11:46 AM
I was on a MC last month with a GPS control system. At one point we were surfing and the speed kept fluctuating by about 5+ MPH which made it impossible to surf at all. It would slow then go back up to the top speed set on the control. I am a GPS guy by trade so I noticed the GPS antenna the first time I got on the boat.
The antenna was located just in front of the pilot's windshield. My wife was sitting in the play pen with her left arm up on that ledge in front of the windshield. I noticed her arm was covering the GPS antenna. Problem solved. Other than that it worked perfectly.

mmandley
08-14-2015, 10:35 AM
I got the Nautic GPS installed yesterday. What a chore that was. I had to pull the Big 15 sub out, to access the hole for all the wiring. Lucky the factory left about 8ft of extra depth gauge wire. I used it as my fish line. Taped the GPS plugs to it. Next pulled the carpet up, opened the floor hatch, then had to balance on the edges of the fuel tank and pull the line through. Not so easy as when they plunged my IBS bag they ran the house through here. After cutting all the zip ties to all the wires, moving the steering cable, I was able to get my hand under everything and help guide the plugs through. Once I got that, I pulled the wires to the factory Paddle Wheel connectors and plugged them in. The GPS sensor I pulled up through the air inlet and I plan to mount it there. Right now it's loose to test the spot for visibility of GPS satellite.

Put it all back together and hit the lake.

Used my phone GPS speed app that has tenths, boat was going about 1.5 faster then expected.

Took me a few minutes to understand the dash adjustment but I finally got the dash read out, GPS on my phone and Analog Speedo to read the same. In the dash you goto Paddle Wheel Offset or something like that. It's the only Paddle Wheel option.

Later Curtis and Claudia surfed said the speed was a lot better, No surging at speed.

Miller_Time
08-15-2015, 12:13 PM
I got the Nautic GPS installed yesterday. What a chore that was. I had to pull the Big 15 sub out, to access the hole for all the wiring. Lucky the factory left about 8ft of extra depth gauge wire. I used it as my fish line. Taped the GPS plugs to it. Next pulled the carpet up, opened the floor hatch, then had to balance on the edges of the fuel tank and pull the line through. Not so easy as when they plunged my IBS bag they ran the house through here. After cutting all the zip ties to all the wires, moving the steering cable, I was able to get my hand under everything and help guide the plugs through. Once I got that, I pulled the wires to the factory Paddle Wheel connectors and plugged them in. The GPS sensor I pulled up through the air inlet and I plan to mount it there. Right now it's loose to test the spot for visibility of GPS satellite.

Put it all back together and hit the lake.

Used my phone GPS speed app that has tenths, boat was going about 1.5 faster then expected.

Took me a few minutes to understand the dash adjustment but I finally got the dash read out, GPS on my phone and Analog Speedo to read the same. In the dash you goto Paddle Wheel Offset or something like that. It's the only Paddle Wheel option.

Later Curtis and Claudia surfed said the speed was a lot better, No surging at speed.

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! Looks like it will be on my list of winter mods! Thanks for the update!

Miller_Time
08-15-2015, 12:16 PM
This is the only time I have had problems with mine. The throttle was just at the tipping point. I just needed to jam the throttle down a bit further but I never open it wide.

This is how I remember my 08 that had perfect pass. But apparently I'm 2010 the went to moomba digital pro. You can't get the perfect pass brand on the newer boats now. And the digital pro doesn't have the adjustments perfect pass had to compensate for increased weight. So I believe that's the cause of the surging.