PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade and Speakers Not Working

snyderaaron
07-29-2015, 10:06 PM
Currently am trying to replace MB quart head unit and remotes with an Fusion MP600. When removing my MB head unit I saw the only cords that were connected were the red yellow and black cords. There was also an RCA cord that was also hooked up. So i figured the only thing my Fusion would need to run on those red, yellow, and black cords. Got those connected and there is power to fusion, but when I hooked up speakers to Fusion I have no sound in the speakers. Do I need to connect the other colors? Any other ideas?

snyderaaron
07-29-2015, 10:25 PM
So that grey wire is the +12V DC. Does that connect to the speakers and amp?

MLA
07-29-2015, 10:45 PM
What other colors? was the RCA hooked to an output for an external or an input for an MP3? Check to see if the fusion has the ability to switch off its internal amp. this mode renders the speaker leads dead.

snyderaaron
07-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Other colors that weren't hooked up were, purple, grey, green white n black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLA
07-30-2015, 03:06 PM
but when I hooked up speakers to Fusion I have no sound in the speakers

purple, grey, green white

Not sure what you hooked the speakers' leads to, because these four colors are the speaker outputs. Not sure about a 2nd black wire on the Fusion.

snyderaaron
07-30-2015, 05:47 PM
The only thing connecting the amps to the mb quarts was a the av red and yellow putputs

MLA
07-30-2015, 06:00 PM
The only thing connecting the amps to the mb quarts was a the av red and yellow putputs

So i figured the only thing my Fusion would need to run on those red, yellow, and black cords.

So there is an amp?

Are the speaker still wired to it or to the head-unit?

I dont see that you reconnected the RCA between the amp and new head-unit. Thats the signal that the amp needs in order for the speakers to play as they did before.

snyderaaron
07-30-2015, 07:22 PM
I got it working, onlynprobab now is that sound would play very loud

MLA
07-30-2015, 07:42 PM
take the RCA's off the "fixed" output and put them on the front or rear outputs.

snyderaaron
07-30-2015, 08:03 PM
no power to wired remote? What a painful process this is.