PDA

View Full Version : Wakeplate Gauge quit working

reeder
07-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Hi all, I have a 2008 OBV and my wakeplate gauge quit working last weekend. The wakeplate still works fine just not the gauge. Before diving into fix it what things should I check? I guess to start with I should check to make sure the wires are all still hooked up to the gauge. Is there a fuse for the gauge? Thanks in advance.

wolfeman131
07-28-2015, 01:21 PM
I think '08 still had a hydraulic wake plate. Make sure you have fluid topped off.

reeder
07-28-2015, 02:22 PM
The wakeplate itself still works fine it's just the gauge in the dash that quit working. I'm not good with electrical stuff, it confuses me.

parrothd
07-28-2015, 02:36 PM
Welp....It's either the gauge, the green wire to the ram or the wiring in the ram(most likely) or power...

You should take it to the dealer since electric confuses you.. :)

cornrickey
07-29-2015, 01:13 AM
One little thing.... In my boat the ignition has to be on for the gauge to work. I messed with this for about two hours in my garage when I was installing my FAE. My plate would move but not the gauge. Ripped apart the pump and harness then figured out my issue.

MasterMind
07-31-2015, 03:00 PM
Check to make sure all the wires are connected on the activation lever on your steering wheel. I've had mine come loose a couple of times.