PDA

View Full Version : Throttle control got sticky today

saskie99
07-25-2015, 11:05 PM
So this afternoon we were out in the boat. I was slowing down and went to put the boat in reverse. The throttle lever seemed sticky. It still goes in and out of gear but from neutral to just in gear if seems to bind. I have checked all linkage and it is fine. Throttle cable is normal tension. Tranny linkage is normal. Must be in my throttle control. Is there a part that needs to be greased on the back side of it? I tried to spray it with wd40 but that didn't seem to do anything? Any ideas??

saskie99
07-27-2015, 11:22 AM
So this afternoon we were out in the boat. I was slowing down and went to put the boat in reverse. The throttle lever seemed sticky. It still goes in and out of gear but from neutral to just in gear if seems to bind. I have checked all linkage and it is fine. Throttle cable is normal tension. Tranny linkage is normal. Must be in my throttle control. Is there a part that needs to be greased on the back side of it? I tried to spray it with wd40 but that didn't seem to do anything? Any ideas??

Anybody got anything to say???

Boonejeepin
07-27-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm watching the thread. My throttle has always felt a bit sticky when moving back to neutral or into reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saskie99
08-05-2015, 02:55 PM
I'm watching the thread. My throttle has always felt a bit sticky when moving back to neutral or into reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I guess this has not been a problem for anyone else…… Does anyone have any idea how long the cable that I need for the tranny is? They are quite a few different lengths and the boat is out at the lake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.