PDA

View Full Version : Bilge pump

Birdman
07-24-2015, 06:12 PM
I have a 2013 obv and im wondering if the bilge will automatically kick in with the main power switch off or how that works the reason im wondering is i was looking into a marina slip and not sure if i have to go turn on the bilge every time it rains thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLA
07-24-2015, 06:39 PM
If in doubt based on OEM published info: A) is the bilge a 3 wire pump? If so, its an auto bilge. B) to determine if its wired battery direct, put the bilge plug in and drop a garden hose in and fill the bilge up with some water. Pump should come one as soon as water is at the top of the pump housing. Or, back trailer/boat into water with plug out and let some water come in. Pump should come in a minute or so.

Oh, battery switch off, so you know its battery direct and not through the main switch.

ninedriver
07-24-2015, 10:47 PM
Another option, if you can access the bilge pump, most of them have a small knob/dial on the side that you can turn/spin with your fingers. Its connected to the float on the inside of the pump. Basically you're manually lifting the float on the inside of the pump by turning the knob to simulate water in the bilge and you should hear the pump hummm/run. If you do this with the main power switch off and the pump runs, the pump is hot wired and you're good to go. I would assume it is.

c h r i s
07-25-2015, 07:14 AM
I have a 2013 mojo and I know for a fact that the bildge pump runs even with the battery switch off. It's factory wired with a one battery switch.

Suppose there's only one way to really know and have that comfort though.

ian ashton
07-25-2015, 07:18 AM
They are all direct wired to the hot side of the battery switch - in the observer seat storage compartment up near the back of the radio you should see 2 fuzes: one is bilge the other is radio memory.

callynoah
07-25-2015, 10:54 AM
does the 2015 mondo have an automatic bilge pump? on the dash the toggle says automatic but when in the water and switched to manual water came out of the bilge so i assume not since the automatic should have pumped it out

MLA
07-25-2015, 01:03 PM
does the 2015 mondo have an automatic bilge pump? on the dash the toggle says automatic but when in the water and switched to manual water came out of the bilge so i assume not since the automatic should have pumped it out

It is possible for there to be enough water for the pump to pick up, but not enough to lift the float.

ian ashton
07-26-2015, 07:08 AM
My OBV bilge pump is mounted really high in the bilge - for it to kick on there has to be a ton of water in the bilge. I've considered moving it, but I'm lazy.

Birdman
07-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Thanks fellas it turns on by itself with the battery switch of just used the tsunami pump to get it to start and turned the switch off it kept pumping so i think im good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabooda
07-26-2015, 02:20 PM
The float switch will shut off the pump where the pump operating manually will pump some more water but I don't think the amount is significant.