PDA

View Full Version : Few queston on new (to me) LSV

Henner
07-24-2015, 12:25 PM
New to the forum sold the Supra direct drive and purchased a 2006 LSV. Absolutely love the boat and room compared to the old boat. Have a few issues trying to work out and looking for some advice. So thanks in advance.

The perfect pass issue: Son wakeboards at 20mph and while he is riding the boat is constantly surging from 17-20 mph (which makes my 8yr old yell at the boat driver). I have done the servo motor test and I can not hold the knob no matter how much pressure is applied it turns back to orginal positon. I have turned the settings on the PP up to like 200 and 100 (not exactly sure) but can still not get the boat to stop speeding up and slowing down. Surfing at 11mph the boats keeps a constant speed on the PP and is perfect. Why is it that anything above 17-18 mph it will not hold?

Ballast filling: I have added 550's in the rear and only ever fill up the starboard side and bow for surfing. When i hit the fill switches on both i can hear the pumps running but no water filling bags. I will turn them on and off a few times and get nothing. Have noticed that if i have someone remove the fill hose from the rear bag and i turn the switch on a couple times water will start pouring out, then just plug back into back and it will start filling rear and front with no issues.

Looking to buy the Faria In-Hull depth sounder with water and air temp. Have read some that you will not get water temp with a in hull transducer. I know it wouldnt be exact water temp due to fiberglass but would it be some what close? I don't wanna pay the extra money for those if it won't work.

kaneboats
07-24-2015, 12:46 PM
Your ballast system likely uses a single fill pump and a manifold with 3 "sprinkler" valves that open when the switch is turned on. The system is notorious for getting an airlock condition when the boat is pulled out of the water and then put back in. Sometimes you can go 15 -20 MPH and turn on the fill switches and the pressure from the boat speed will help push the air out. The only other thing you can do is start disconnecting lines till the air is able to push through. I have replaced most of my system with dedicated pumps and check valves.

Congrats on the boat upgrade. Let's see some pics!

gregski
07-24-2015, 01:08 PM
As for the Faria In-Hull depth sounder with water and air temp, I think that is thru-hull. It looks like the depth sounder can be in-hull or thru-hull, but the water temp is only available thru-hull.

Henner
07-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Ok thank you guys. Now if I can just figure out this PP problem and find a factory Bimini i will be a happy camper.

parrothd
07-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Did you reset the PP to factory defaults and run the other wire tests?

parrothd
07-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Oh wait, is this a 06 with fuel injection? See the other post about PP and surging..

Henner
07-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Yes fuel injected.

parrothd
07-24-2015, 02:49 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?26819-2008-24SSV-Perfect-pass-headaches/page2

Sorry, sounds like an "upgrade"

Henner
07-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Im going to inspect the throttle and servo cables. Says there should be no sudden bends or curves and to zip tie cable to nearest bracket to reduce slop in cable. Also several people mention the return spring being weak but mine appears to be fine.

chadjitsu1
07-27-2015, 01:36 PM
Im going to inspect the throttle and servo cables. Says there should be no sudden bends or curves and to zip tie cable to nearest bracket to reduce slop in cable. Also several people mention the return spring being weak but mine appears to be fine.

I have a 07 lsv and it does exactly the same thing. It usually happens when I load it down with a ton of ballast. that 18 to 21 MPH is an issue unless your running a wake prop and have a lot of weight in the nose of the boat. I think the issue is that the boat isnt getting on plane. Just plowing water and right at the tipping point of getting on plane is more than likely whats happening. I would try to get more weight in the nose of the boat and lighten up the load if possible

Henner
07-27-2015, 02:48 PM
I inspected all cables and movement before lake saturday all looked good. I went ahead and sprayed WD-40 on all moving parts and cables and switched to RPM mode on PP and it held a 20mph like a champ never surged or sputtered at all. My son and I were happy campers!