PDA

View Full Version : More Trailer Issues

TN_Boarder
06-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Well I have already posted the problem that I have had with my trailer jack (not a faulty jack, just bad use). This weekend I pulled into a gas station that was situated on a hill. As I was leaving I had to circle around the gas station and there was a concrete slab that was not even with the rest of the parking lot. I didn't think it was uneven enough to matter, but I guess the akward slope of the hill caused the issue. Anyway, one of the support beams that runs side to side across the trailer scraped the concrete and took off some of the paint. Should I get some marine grade paint and touch that up to prevent rust or is it a big deal? Has anyone had similar problems and do you have any recommendations on paint and what to look for?

thanks, j

Smrtz
06-12-2006, 02:56 PM
if you have exposed bare metal then I would think you should prime the area and paint over otherwise it will oxydize and rust .

TN_Boarder
06-12-2006, 03:09 PM
My thoughts exactly. Any suggestions on paint and procedure?

EUSTACE
06-15-2006, 09:19 AM
You may want to look into this Rustoleum Rust-Refromer. Works great as a primer.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?ItemId=1611618481

E.

zabooda
06-16-2006, 12:38 PM
I would recommend touching up the area scrapped as it will rust and eventually get bigger and unsightly. The supports are at a location that aren't seen much so I've used a primer and an automobile touchup that matches the paint fairly well.