PDA

View Full Version : New member intro from the land Downunder

bjrow
07-23-2015, 04:55 AM
Hey guys, I am new to this forum as we just bought our first Moomba Boat earlier this year (It's Winter here now).
It's our 2nd boat (me, wifey and the two kids) but only started back in Oct 2014. Last season we managed 19 trips to the lake and all loved it, made the weekends seem much longer. Was a bit of a learning curve and the Mondo has pushed it a bit but getting there.

I am a Instrumentation Technician working on scientific and industrial gear (just a glorified cleaner really) and run my own small business.
After a week of fixing and repairing instruments it's great to get out away from it all and enjoy the sun/water and good company.

The forum has been a great source of info, the Mondo is a nice simple great looking (well to us anyways) boat that provides adequate room for all the gear the kids spread around with plenty of power to boot. Had the kids and wife up skiing (bit shakey still) but big smiles all round, can't wait for the Spring. Might even get this over-weight grey haired old bloke up on a board yet!

Bit nervous as the brand is not strong here at all and parts could be a bit of an issue but will have to see how it all goes. The dealer has been terrific to deal with thou. A pic below after a day out;

Hope to participate from time to time and look forward to being involved.

Cheers,

smorris7
07-23-2015, 06:52 AM
Great looking Mondo! Glad to have you on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
07-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Nice looking boat! Welcome aboard mate.

sandm
07-23-2015, 08:50 AM
interesting. since Australia are all right hand drive cars, I expected the boat to be a left hand drive, but it isn't :)

welcome to the site......

Mobius22
07-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Did you buy from Ride Australia? They're great guys

deerfield
07-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Bruce - Thanks for taking the time to post and let us know you are there. Glad to hear you are getting plenty of lake time with your wife and kids. Cherish every minute and keep us posted when you have a few minutes. - Stuart

bjrow
07-27-2015, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Hopefully all the recent rain and snow is going to fill up the lake come Spring.

Sandm; Thanks but yer all good everything righty, easy as. Next you'll be telling me I'm boating upside down......

Mobius22; Got the boat thru Flatwater Covers their dealer here in Melbourne, they had it as a demo from Ride Australia. Bit concerned that the swing away racks took 5 months to come so fingers crossed for the rest of it. Dealer here kept us updated which was great, they make excellent boat/tower covers btw.

Deerfield; Thanks mate. Yeah loving it when we're out. The kids complain about the drive but it's all giggles and laughter when out on the water. Will see if we can get some of their friends interested to make the trip a bit more fun for them. Wife and I love it, makes the weekend seem quite long and fun somehow.

Well its Winter here so as the boat is stock atm I'll start the mods with a dual batt setup first then have a look at getting some bass from the cabin speaker setup.
Enjoy your sunny days, just a little envious but I'll be smiling in another 4 months..........