PDA

View Full Version : 2012 mojo vs. current model

pauley71
07-21-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm considering a 2012 Mojo b/c I can get a newer boat for less money than some of the other brands out there. The mojo seems like a lot of boat for the money. I have been in the newer Mojo and clearly there are improvements but the overall (in pictures) it doesn't seem vastly different. I know there was a hull change, but what was wrong with the older hull? How does it surf? Can the 2013+ surf tabs be added since the hull is the same? Does the 2012 have tracking fins?

For those of you with the original 2012 Mojo's, I would really like to get your input on the boat. What's to like/dislike?

My only initial dislike is the distance from the back sunpad to the swim platform. I have smaller kids and that seems pretty large for them to climb over. Folks talk about the dash changes and while I agree it looks better - I wouldn't say it was a game changer.

I'm sure folks are going to say go 2015+ but its not in the budget (according to my wife ;) )

Thanks - Chad

mcdye
07-21-2015, 03:59 PM
12->14 is the same hull, for '15 the hull was updated with characteristics from the SA hull.
Can get great a surf wake with proper ballast
Yes, the Manual flow can be added to '12
Yes, has tracking fins
12/13 has the same step issue from the platform, on 14 they moved the bilge vent for a step and added a step to the rear grab handle

patrick232
07-21-2015, 04:02 PM
I'm sure folks are going to say go 2015+ but its not in the budget (according to my wife ;) )

Thanks - Chad

I would got with the wife plan, up can upgrade later.

I mean the boat not the wife, that would blow the budget.

sivs1
07-21-2015, 05:24 PM
If this is your first v-drive boat, go with the 2012. If we bought a brand new boat the wife would not drive it because she would be afraid to scratch it or hit something or whatever, at least with a used boat there may already be some scratches on it.

BamaMojo
07-21-2015, 06:14 PM
I'm considering a 2012 Mojo b/c I can get a newer boat for less money than some of the other brands out there. The mojo seems like a lot of boat for the money. I have been in the newer Mojo and clearly there are improvements but the overall (in pictures) it doesn't seem vastly different. I know there was a hull change, but what was wrong with the older hull? How does it surf? Can the 2013+ surf tabs be added since the hull is the same? Does the 2012 have tracking fins?

For those of you with the original 2012 Mojo's, I would really like to get your input on the boat. What's to like/dislike?

My only initial dislike is the distance from the back sunpad to the swim platform. I have smaller kids and that seems pretty large for them to climb over. Folks talk about the dash changes and while I agree it looks better - I wouldn't say it was a game changer.

Thanks - Chad

My 4 year old had no issues with the 12 Mojo swim platform. I love my 12 Mojo, great value. I would buy it again! Good luck and let us know which way you go.

This be my wake
http://youtu.be/Z02-mAUXYfk

pauley71
07-21-2015, 06:32 PM
This would not be my first inboard. I've had numerous starting with a 2001 Malibu Sunsetter LXi (DD). I currently have a 2003 Mastercraft X30. I like the boat, but I'm sick of everything not working (mainly age b/c it only has 260hrs). I recently had to cut the water pump off b/c it has corroded on the crank pulley. I've ripped the entire ballast system out of the boat. The pumps were ceased and the hoses were smaller and it had a inefficient manifold system.

I didn't pay a lot for the boat and it looks nice, but I want to spend more time wakeboarding/surfing and teaching the kids (2of3 are wakeboarding now) and less time turning wrenches. The boat is at our lake house and I only get to work on it and use it on the weekends. I guess if I could work on it during the week and just enjoy the weekend it would be different. I actually enjoy the projects somewhat ...

Pretty good deals to be had on the 2012 Mojos which helps with depreciation. Thanks all for your input. I'll keep you posted.

trayson
07-21-2015, 06:43 PM
...can upgrade later.

I mean the boat not the wife, that would blow the budget.

Yeah, it cost me $10k in attorney fees and a $50k cash settlement to upgrade the wife! But man, is the upgrade ever worth it!!!

jmvotto
07-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Yeah, it cost me $10k in attorney fees and a $50k cash settlement to upgrade the wife! But man, is the upgrade ever worth it!!!

Amen brother , been there done that :o

pauley71
07-21-2015, 10:05 PM
What were the engine options in 2012. I've seen one that has a green top that looks like my MCX and another one with the filter/flame arrestor on top of the motor.

wolfeman131
07-21-2015, 10:29 PM
The green one is the 345 hp motor and the one you want.

BamaMojo
07-21-2015, 11:36 PM
The green one is the 345 hp motor and the one you want.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk