PDA

View Full Version : broken paddlewheel?

tarheelskier
07-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Had a great day on the water, but had a rough ride across the main channel of our lake this afternoon. After this, both speedos did not move next time out. I put the boat on the lift and inspected the paddle wheel. The two sides were bent and the wheel is missing one of the "teeth". anyone else have this happen? Don't think I hit anything hard, (other than a wave) but you never know. Anyway, I am at a rental house for the week with no tools and 3 hours from my dealer. How hard is it to locate this part and how difficult to replace? Thanks for any help!

parrothd
07-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Google airmar paddle wheel st300..20$ish.. No tools needed..

patrick232
07-21-2015, 04:15 PM
How far from the local dealer. I had the dealer out of Knoxville service my boat as it was on Norris when it was due for the fluid change, vs my dealer from Ohio.

tarheelskier
07-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Thank you Parrothd, The Airmar ST300 is the correct paddle wheel and its a 5 minute job. Didn't realize just loosen the hand tightened nut and pull out the whole assembly. Pop in the new wheel and off you go.

parrothd
07-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Thank you Parrothd, The Airmar ST300 is the correct paddle wheel and its a 5 minute job. Didn't realize just loosen the hand tightened nut and pull out the whole assembly. Pop in the new wheel and off you go.

For added fun next time try changing with the boat in the water... lol