PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Plumbing

LSV04
06-11-2006, 09:12 PM
At the engine there are 2 or 3 pumps and a filter for the ballast bags that feed off this 12-15 inch plastic pipe that is bolted in . The pumps screw off easily. The weight of one pump cracked the plastic right where you turn the screw to tighten it. I tried some plumbers epoxy and supported the pump with a wire but it is still dripping a little when I go over 10MPH-I guess the water pressure builds up and a little water runs through. I cant turn the pumps on because water starts spraying all over. Where can I get this odd piece of plumbing???? It doesnt look that hard to put a new one in and reconnect the pumps and filter for the ballast. Does anyone else get a little drip from these pipe.?The bilge is right under it so it will empty but its dripping on the v-drive case or whatever you call that thing.

LSV04
06-12-2006, 08:48 PM
I dug in there today and pulled the pumps off and strainer. At least now I see how its put together so I can winterize it myself without dealing with the prick at the marina. I think he broke it because last year it was fine. Anyway, you dont have to waste a post.