PDA

View Full Version : Plastic vent cover for fresh air intake on 2008 Outback

Mister-Fix-It
07-20-2015, 10:47 AM
Has anybody replaced the black plastic vent covers located in the bow (under windshield) of a 2008 Moomba Outback? Is OEM available only from Skiers Choice?

viking
07-22-2015, 12:04 AM
I swear there was another thread on here about a month ago someone looking for exact same thing. Call Atlanta Marine! Or search and you might find the part number in the thread :)

Lynn Syndrom
07-22-2015, 09:21 AM
Yes... I replaced this about 2 years ago after it was used as a step and obviously broke. It is available through the dealer network with your Hull # as a reference. I think it was like $25.00 plus S&H. Not easy to get the bottom two screw in near the windshield but it can be done.

Tkosleded
07-23-2015, 09:46 AM
I just made my own out of 1/4" black puck. Board real. Simple and you can un screw the wind shield from the walkthru over to get at the screws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
07-23-2015, 11:28 PM
I swear there was another thread on here about a month ago someone looking for exact same thing. Call Atlanta Marine! Or search and you might find the part number in the thread :)

Yup I recall that thread as well.

I will be buying a replacement for the drivers side, dumb ass son of a friend could not get it through his head to not step on my Gell Coat, that's why I have gunnel pads in the rear. Well luckily my friend, his pops, gave me extra cash to replace it after we heard the POP of it cracking.