PDA

View Full Version : New to me LSV

glennomcd
07-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a 2013 Mobius LSV. This is my first used boat purchase and I would really appreciate any input you could give me regarding things to look for and questions to ask the current owner. This is also my first v-drive/inboard boat. My current boat is a 1977 Sea Ray with a regular I/O outdrive. Thanks everyone.

deelan_
07-19-2015, 10:28 PM
Private message sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patrick232
07-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Check all the fluids
Inspect the seams on the seats for the vinyl pulling
Overall condition of the gel coat
Prop for nicks
Trailer tires

glennomcd
07-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Thank you for the advice. I will definitely check those items. Transmission fluid and oil, what other fluids do you recommend? I've been reading a lot about motor mounts. Is that something to be concerned with in a two year old boat?

Again, thanks for the guidance,

Glenn

mcdye
07-21-2015, 12:24 PM
There are 3 fluids: Engine oil, Transmission, VDrive.

Have them show you the service history, fluid changes, fresh water impeller change. One that keeps detailed records is probably taking care of the boat.

glennomcd
07-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Serviced twice a year by a Moomba dealer. I'll check the impeller and the records.

Thanks

13mobiusLSV
07-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Also check to see if the previous Owner had the new software update to the digital cruise pro to stop the erratic wake plate movement.

CamperCarl
07-21-2015, 02:23 PM
If you are buying it from a dealer or even private owner, I would test the boat on the water or their test tank to verify all ballast pumps are working without any leaks. You can also check the transmission/engine for any noises or vibrations. Always run through all the electrical switches to ensure that they work properly.
This in addition to what everyone else had mentioned. Btw, how many hours are on the boat?

samvq1
07-21-2015, 02:58 PM
I think you will have a sense of how the boat was maintained right away. In addition to the things that have already been mentioned, I would second the comment about a water test. Do a thorough water test. Also, demo different ballast configurations to get a feel of how the boat will handle. Coming from an I/O myself, there was a learning curve around the dock but I was not disappointed changing to a V-Drive.

glennomcd
07-21-2015, 03:51 PM
Just shy of 100 hrs on the boat. I will be taking it for a test drive and will heed everyone's advice. I'll take all the help I can get. Thanks for all the good input.

kaneboats
07-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Let's see some pics when you bring that bad boy home!

glennomcd
07-22-2015, 11:11 AM
You got it!!! Can't wait...

glennomcd
07-24-2015, 09:53 PM
I am putting my 2013 LSV on a Poly-Lift boat hoist. Does anyone know how far aft the propeller shaft begins from the bow and also how much water the propeller and rudder draw? Thanks everyone!!

Glenn