PDA

View Full Version : problem with my rear seat

pickle311
06-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Last weekend I ran into a problem with the rear seat in my Outback. I had the rear ballast full and the seat was moved to the top position. A couple of people were sitting on it and it fell in ontop of the ballast. I picked it back up and noticed that where is sits is actually bent down and now the seat won't stay on top anymore. I'm going to bring the boat back to the dealer this week to get it fixed. Will this be covered under the warranty? It should be, the boat was bought new in September of 05. I wouldn't think that the place where it sits would bend even though people were sitting on it, but that's what it's made for. It's not like htey were jumping on it or anything. Has anyone else seen this happen before?

pickle311
06-11-2006, 10:15 AM
well that sucks, I always have too many people in the boat to remove the back seat. If it's a problem, they really should do something about it.

BigRed0803
06-12-2006, 10:20 PM
My 04' Outback did the same thing a couple weeks ago. I bought it used in Jan. of this year the previous owner hardly used it. My buddies were sitting on it and now the left side is all mashed down. That is all I look at everytime I get in the boat now, it nick picks the hell out of me. Let me know what the dealer tells you to do.

pickle311
06-26-2006, 03:18 PM
I took the boat back to the dealer today and they jumped all over it. He snapped a couple of pics so he could submitt it to Skiers Choice. He said he's run into this porblem before and they will send him the parts to fix it. He said it will take around 6 weeks for them to approve the warranty work and they are going to call me as soon as they get the parts.

On a side note I picked up a set of the Moomba laser etched cleats while I was there. Everywhere I've looked showed them at $295 for the set. My dealer stocks them for $220. That's cheaper than the same Attwoods without the etching from Overtons plus my dealer gives me 10% off of all my purchases. They Rock

senna1
06-29-2006, 10:25 PM
6 weeks to approve warranty work???

I hope this isn't the normal procedure.