PDA

View Full Version : Prop cavitation- 2015 Mondo

mark540
07-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Hi guys! Was down at Norris a couple of weeks ago and put some decent hours on the boat. The one thing I noticed was quit a bit of cavitation from the stock OJ prop when weighted or pulling a tube (not the most enjoyable thing for me, but the kids love it). My Supra 21v cavitated from time to time, but not as much as this boat.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and possible prop change to fix it. It is the 14.25 x 14.5 OJ, i am thinking about the 2079 Acme, as the stocker is a dog with any decent weight, but wanted some feedback first. The 2079 is 14.5 x 12 for more low end.

thanks

mmandley
07-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Hi guys! Was down at Norris a couple of weeks ago and put some decent hours on the boat. The one thing I noticed was quit a bit of cavitation from the stock OJ prop when weighted or pulling a tube (not the most enjoyable thing for me, but the kids love it). My Supra 21v cavitated from time to time, but not as much as this boat.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and possible prop change to fix it. It is the 14.25 x 14.5 OJ, i am thinking about the 2079 Acme, as the stocker is a dog with any decent weight, but wanted some feedback first. The 2079 is 14.5 x 12 for more low end.

thanks

I upgraded to that prop on my Mojo, I get a little cavitation from time to time when surfing with 3500lbs and 10 people but not to often. Sometimes I think it might be water conditions. You will gain a lot of low end power but like you mentioned top end suffers.