PDA

View Full Version : Vdrive/Prop Shaft Bolts

mjr119
07-13-2015, 09:40 AM
I thought I read a thread on here last week about checking your bolts on the prop shaft and vdrive connection. I cant see them on my boat. What's the best way to get to these?

I feel like I have some driveline slop in my boat. Anything else I should be looking at? By slop I mean when going from forward to reverse there is more of a "thud" sound than I would like to hear.

kaneboats
07-13-2015, 09:46 AM
On mine I either have to reach a hand around each side of the v- drive so I'm hugging it or lay on the floor on my side and reach underneath. It's almost impossible to get two hands on there. I think it's impossible to get a ratchet in there too. I remember using two open end wrenches to tighten mine. Nylock nuts mean you have to wrench all the way on and all the way off too. I found a spot where I could reach one of them OK and I would turn the propeller to bring the other ones around to that spot. Not an easy job.

brain_rinse
07-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Some great info and pics in this thread: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?10834-Prop-Shaft-Alignment-Yearly-Maintenance-Item

mjr119
07-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Thanks guys. Will give it a crack this evening.