PDA

View Full Version : Check Valve Installation Option for an IBS?

North Woods Mobius
07-12-2015, 06:26 PM
I just installed new 900lbs rear bags and added a 500lbs IBS in my 2014 LSV. And while I was there, I decided to throw check valves on the rear bags to shrivel them up for when we want to ski. Everything works perfectly, and the additional 1,000lbs of ballast has completely changed our wave!

However, I bought a 3rd check valve for the IBS, but was told to not install it if it piggy-backs a hard tank (which is how I installed it). So my question is, how can I use a check valve to ensure that I am completely draining my hard tank and IBS the same way that my rear bags completely empty without compromising the hard tank?

Any thoughts??

JoelFett
07-12-2015, 07:22 PM
22466Not sure who, but I found this on a thread a few weeks ago. It's an additional spring check valve attached to a standard pipe tee. I ordered one, and found that Home Depot has some perfect size fittings in the sprinkler section. Look for the 1" poly pipe. I got the 3/4" valve, a 1" barb tee with a 3/4" threaded part, and a 3/4" male to male fitting to put them all together. Going in the LSV tomorrow.

MLA
07-12-2015, 07:55 PM
NWM,

The use of that bow sac check valve is going to depend on how the piggyback plumbing is configured. You do not want to place the check valve any where a hard tanks vent plumbing. This will case the hard to tank to draw a vacuum and tin-can on itself. So, if you're using the tanks vent overflow to fill the new IBS, then the IBS's vent line is NOT the place for a c/v. The question is, how are you draining the IBS? If its above the plane of the tank and has a good downhill flow back to the tank, then a c/v should not be needed for a good drain. Gravity will do its thang!

JoelFett
07-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Tomorrows workload. Check valve, spring check setup, pinch clamps (Home Depot special) and custom moomba font raised chrome letters. Also plumbing in the 260's finally for under seat use. 22467

yooper
09-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Is this the type of valve?

https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pumps-well-tanks/pump-well-tank-accessories/1-plastic-foot-valve/p-2443721-c-8672.htm?tid=517110899993591106

ghebert1111
09-23-2015, 11:25 AM
There's another thread currently active about potential center tank issues when installing an IBS without that spring check valve. I would not install an IBS without that spring check valve.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?26912-2014-LSV-Cracked-Center-Ballast-Tank

JoelFett
09-23-2015, 12:07 PM
That's not the valve I used. I actually found mine at Lowes, near the plumbing stuff. It came in a little box. If I get a chance to go tonight I'll snap a picture for ya.

yooper
09-23-2015, 12:26 PM
That's not the valve I used. I actually found mine at Lowes, near the plumbing stuff. It came in a little box. If I get a chance to go tonight I'll snap a picture for ya.

I just went to Menards and got it. It might not be the same one, but it will definitely work. The screen portion that you see sticking up just threads into the body and can be used on either end, or just removed. I'll probably leave it on there.

The spring in there is VERY light (which is good). I sucked in air, just using my mouth and the valve easily opened and allowed air in.

JoelFett
09-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Then yes, that's the one. It's very light. (I also used these same valves on my 1100's as the other style valves tend to let air in eventually and these don't.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yooper
09-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Got it installed last night. Great mod.