PDA

View Full Version : wicked wakesurf gate

Ironcross25
07-10-2015, 01:11 PM
So I found this place online wickedwakesurf.com (http://wickedwakesurf.com) and sent an email to get a quote. the do not have a template for my boat (12 mojo). price is 299 for 1 or 499 for the pair. these hook to swim platform. pretty much a ghetto gate that someone is now making. if anyone is interested and lives in the atlanta or lake lanier area, they can get a template and we can then order these as a cheaper option to the flow system. thanks

gregski
07-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Looks comparable to the projects around here. The only issue I would have is that it looks like it still takes a fair bit of work to get it installed/customized: http://wickedwakesurf.com/tutorials.html. For $300, I would expect it to be more "turn-key".

mikenehrkorn
07-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Looks comparable to the projects around here. The only issue I would have is that it looks like it still takes a fair bit of work to get it installed/customized: http://wickedwakesurf.com/tutorials.html. For $300, I would expect it to be more "turn-key".

Definitely.....not hard to build with some simple skills and around $40-60 in materials. Search the forum for "ghetto gates" and you should find many different "models" to choose from!! :)

drb59
07-10-2015, 02:12 PM

My thoughts exactly.

trayson
07-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Definitely.....not hard to build with some simple skills and around $40-60 in materials. Search the forum for "ghetto gates" and you should find many different "models" to choose from!! :)

+1

No way I'd pay someone $300 to do what took me an evening's work and maybe $40. Plus, the wife HATED driving the boat with the gate on it to the point where we've literally used it once and it's been sitting ever since. I'd be PISSED if I'd dropped $300 to $500 to get something the wife hates and doesn't want to drive the boat with it on...

Ironcross25
07-11-2015, 08:18 AM
+1

No way I'd pay someone $300 to do what took me an evening's work and maybe $40. Plus, the wife HATED driving the boat with the gate on it to the point where we've literally used it once and it's been sitting ever since. I'd be PISSED if I'd dropped $300 to $500 to get something the wife hates and doesn't want to drive the boat with it on...

Great point. My wife is my primary driver so I don't want to deter her from driving. I didn't notice the tutorial tab. I figured it was a quick slap on and go for the price. Thanks all.

Ironcross25
07-11-2015, 08:22 AM
I'm trying to find the best surf wave. The 4th weekend was the first go with the new mojo. Trying to dial in. I'm adding more weight for today with bags I had from my old boat to get the wave where I want it. Once I get it, I'll look to upgrade the stock 400 locker sacks

mmandley
07-11-2015, 08:36 AM
I like this idea they have, so fare their ghetto gate looks the best and simplest to attach. It doesn't look nearly as large and easier to deal with. Looks like it attaches to the swim platform.

For your Mojo weighting, you won't get a powerful wave with the 400s in it, you will want to jump to 900s, then look into an IBS or at least a bag in the bow on the seats.

When I had mine the 650's where surf-able but the pocket was pretty short.

jmvotto
07-11-2015, 08:38 AM
If I had a mojo, the manual flow for sure. Ghetto gate is easy to make and works well, but additional stuff in the boat and on and off .

mmandley
07-11-2015, 08:40 AM
If I had a mojo, the manual flow for sure. Ghetto gate is easy to make and works well, but additional stuff in the boat and on and off .

Exactly, it does cost a bit more but the ease of use, nothing to store makes it a win win. Now with my new Wake Plate device I love the surf wave even more. All my Goofy riders were ecstatic over the new wave.

jmvotto
07-11-2015, 08:46 AM
Exactly, it does cost a bit more but the ease of use, nothing to store makes it a win win. Now with my new Wake Plate device I love the surf wave even more. All my Goofy riders were ecstatic over the new wave.
Mike it helps the regular side too, you going to bend it like the factory plate.? Also does it affect wakeboard speeds etc.

mmandley
07-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Mike it helps the regular side too, you going to bend it like the factory plate.? Also does it affect wakeboard speeds etc.

I understand the gate helps both, I was just referring to my device on goofy.

I don't understand what you mean bend it like the factory plate?

My extension doesn't effect anything but the Goofy wave, its the same shape as the hull, so when the plate is down its almost like 12inches of hull extension.

jmvotto
07-11-2015, 08:53 AM
You stated it helped the surf wave and the goofy side even more. So I thought it improved regular a bit, I was talking about the edges being bent up like Oem

mmandley
07-11-2015, 09:02 AM
You stated it helped the surf wave and the goofy side even more. So I thought it improved regular a bit, I was talking about the edges being bent up like Oem

Ohh ok I might be losing focus, been working all night and pretty tired LOL.