PDA

View Full Version : 06 Moomba Outback V Ballast Help

dillengeraj
07-08-2015, 07:43 PM
I have a 2006 Moomba Outback V that's already plumed for ballast bags. However, no bags came with the boat when I bought it. What size bags are supposed to be used in the 3 areas? Any help would be appreciated as I would only use when it's just my wife and I riding it.

Thanks

valleywine
07-08-2015, 11:07 PM
I
I have a 2006 Moomba Outback V that's already plumed for ballast bags. However, no bags came with the boat when I bought it. What size bags are supposed to be used in the 3 areas? Any help would be appreciated as I would only use when it's just my wife and I riding it.

Thanks

I think they are all 400 lbs ea. I swapped out the rear locker bags w/ 750's and they use most of the compartment in my boat when full. I also had to add about 18" to the fill tubes. Hope this helps.

kaneboats
07-08-2015, 11:12 PM
They did you a favor. Don't buy the stock replacement bags. You will be disappointed. Go to the upgraded ones based on the activities you want to pursue with your awesome boat. If you want to wakeboard, get the bigger bags up front and in the lockers. If you want to wakesurf, make sure you maximize the hidden space with the bags that will fill your lockers to capacity. Nothing to worry about. We can give you all the help you need. So, what are your plans for the boat? How many people? What are your primary activities? Get it right the first time. Help is readily available here.

dillengeraj
07-09-2015, 09:20 PM
We will mainly be using the boat for wakeboarding but the occasional surfing. We will usually have about 4-6 people each weekend but a lot of times it's just my wife and I since we are early risers with getting good water. Any help would be appreciated on what I should buy from the beginning to be happy. Thanks in advance

brain_rinse
07-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Do some searching around but I would guess you'd have to stick with the stock size in the front locker and should go with 750s in the rear. Probably want to consider a bow sac (IBS) as well. That made an impressive difference in the wake of the LSV.

gbh424
07-09-2015, 10:14 PM
I have the same boat that came with the Gravity I system (single 400 lb bag in the center locker). I added two reversible pumps and 2x 750 lb Sumo Sacs from Wakemakers. The 750s fill the v-drive lockers when full. Would definitely agree about adding an IBS....it's on my list to add one day. Surf wave is good with port 750 and center 400 full....even better with a couple of folks up front and on the port side. Don't forget to re-prop when you add all that weight....I changed mine out for an Acme 1847 at the same time.

kaneboats
07-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Well, you South Carolina folks need to stick together. Take the advice above an have fun out there. Ask any questions that come up as we will be glad to help.

jmvotto
07-09-2015, 11:57 PM
Yes, 750 rears, 400 locker and ibs 650 will give you a pretty good surf wave for that hull.

FYI. I may have two 750 for sale soon.