PDA

View Full Version : Engine Ground

mjr119
07-07-2015, 08:45 PM
So I just inspected my ground at the engine. It's pretty get to actually. It's a 2 sided stud with a nut in the center. Between the engine and the nut there was 3 washers stacked and a lock washer. Then the negative terminal was attached with a shiney nut with spikes around the base.

What would you do? I feel like a bolt with a washer and maybe a lock washer would be better

mjr119
07-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Pretty ghetto that is.

kaneboats
07-07-2015, 10:46 PM
Maybe just trying to get it out where you can see it and reach it. Or maybe the cable was a little short or stiff. Nothing very wrong as long as it will conduct.

mjr119
07-08-2015, 06:59 AM
Even with the stacked washers? They have some black paint on them too. I'll at least clean everything up before I put it back.

ranger098
07-24-2015, 02:05 PM
Even with the stacked washers? They have some black paint on them too. I'll at least clean everything up before I put it back.

THIS- My stereo was cutting out when turned up, and i noticed that when i hit my trim tab that the PP would shut off for a second and come back. Took this ground off the engine, scraped the paint off and all is well again. Pretty terrible that they wouldnt have a clean ground from the factory...