PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sound...

khanna
07-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Looking to see if anyone has experienced this.

Occasionally I will hear a putting sound coming from the back of the boat (exhaust maybe as I cant locate it exactly) almost like a helicopter in the distance and then it goes away. It almost feels in the throttle like an air bubble in the fuel line when it does happen.

I have a 30 gallon fuel tank and most likely have old (stabilized) fuel from the winter still lingering as I have only added about 25 gallons this year. Could it be that and will it work itself out?

Any thoughts?

gregski
07-07-2015, 10:55 AM
I think a bit of water in the fuel might have a similar effect. I don't know about the sound, but you would feel a little hiccup in the motor. I'd probably just try to burn out that tank of gas and see if the problem persists with fresh gas. You could also add a bottle of Heet treatment (made to help remove water).

zabooda
07-07-2015, 11:12 AM
If your boat is carbureted you can jumper the pump and empty it in no time and then change the fuel filter. Old gas has never done anything to improve the boating process.

khanna
07-08-2015, 10:02 PM
thanks guys. I will go there first.

kaneboats
07-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Put the old fuel in the lawnmower. It will not care one bit. I used to use old last year's 2 cycle gas from my outboard to clear the mosquitoes in the neighborhood while I mowed. My neighbors appreciated it. I know this B/C they would come outside and yell at me and shake their fists in support as the black smoke helped clear the air for fun times for everyone.