PDA

View Full Version : Mondo or LSV

seftonm
07-06-2015, 04:25 PM
I'm starting to think of upgrading from our 2004 Outback, and am considering the Mondo and LSV. The main things we're looking for when upgrading from the Outback are:

V Drive
Higher freeboard
Smoother ride
Ability to surf without loading up the floor and seats with extra ballast

I think both the LSV and Mondo will meet our main criteria. I don't see us needing the extra foot of length that the LSV gives. Are these two boats pretty similar in most areas other than the length and bow style, or are there other significant differences? There are a couple dealers with Mondos nearby, but unfortunately I haven't found one with an LSV to go take a look at one of those.

JoelFett
07-06-2015, 05:59 PM
The mondo is supposedly more surf specific, so if that's a qualifying thing, that's your answer. I opted for the LSV after driving both, mostly due to the woman preferring the bigger bow area to sit in, but both were solid in chop and gave a decent enough wave to ride. If you go mondo, go auto flow if you can. It's one of those things that just makes it easier to use, more difficult to forget, and you'll probably want to retrofit it later anyway. But I do like the LSV in the heavy chop, and the classic bow line is nice too. Personal opinion on that, both cockpits are very similar.

Push for them to toss in bigger bags too. Surf edition gets 650's and the 500 bow sac, but you're gonna want 750+. I'd look into 900's, 1100's if they'll do it. Trust me on that one, im feeling the pain of not...

wolfeman131
07-06-2015, 07:21 PM
unfortunately I haven't found one with an LSV to go take a look at one of those.

http://youtu.be/XF2ayWcJfxo