PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranty

GasMan
06-09-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm buying a 2006 Outback. Should I purchase the extended warranty? It costs $1389. Also this one has the cruise control but not perfect pass. Should I have it added?

05mobiusxlv
06-10-2006, 02:16 AM
How many years does $1,389 cover? Keep in mind that your factory warranty already covers your Engine/drivetrain/upholstery for 3 years, your deck/hull/instrumentation for the boats lifetime, and the components for 2 years. If that extended warranty is only for 3 years, almost everything that would be expensive to fix is already covered.

I have not personally used the EZ cruise, but I have heard that it does almost as good of a job keeping your speed, as perfect pass does, but you have a lot more control, and options with PP. PP is an 1,100$ option, and since your boat did not come with it from factory, you will have to pay for installation, or do it yourself. If you are on a budget, give the EZ cruise a try, see if it does what you want it to do, You can have the PP installed anytime.

Pacs007
06-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Don't forget to look at after market warranties. I have had good luck with them. You can get a 6 year unlimited hours bow to stern warranty for about $1040.

smokedog2
06-11-2006, 08:46 PM
The reason I have a new boat is so I can toss the keys to the dealer - handle it.

I like the warranty but up to you - PP and heaters - there is no substitute.

Heaters were big this weekend.

SD2

smokedog2
06-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Note that little vent for the driver - Key!

I look tough never asking for a heater tube.

Sd2