PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mojo Wakeboard setup

APastrick
07-05-2015, 11:12 AM
I just got a new mojo a couple of weeks ago and i cant seem to find the best ballast set up for wakeboard. Ive been riding with full factory ballast and the optional front ballast full at 21mph and a rope length of 72.5. The wake is big but not as poppy and steep as i want it to be. Does anyone know a good setup for a clean poppy wake?

Mobius22
07-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Can you expand on what type of wake you're wanting? The new Mojo has a much cleaner wake than the old model so are you wanting more of a lip? If you want a steeper wake, then I would add ballast in the side storage compartments or upgrade your rears to hold more. You're already running 1000 in the bow. If you don't want to add rear ballast to steepen it up then I would drain a little from the front and see if that helps give it more of the shape you're wanting. Also, play with the wakeplate, it can make a difference as well.

Mattymojo
07-06-2015, 10:14 AM
I run back ballast full and about 3/4 full in the front. Wakeplate from half to 3/4 up and 22.7 mph 72.5 foot line the wake is really nice the more I put the wakeplate up the more rampy the wake gets. It also helps when there's 5-10 people in the boat and a full tank of gas. Love my new mojo for the wakeboarding and wakesurf wave it puts out !!

APastrick
07-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Im looking for a much steeper poppy wake. At about 75 feet and all the ballast bags filled i found that its quite steep and poppy but its just too wide. I have to put much more effort into any trick or even just wake jump that i do to make it to the other side. So i decided to shorten the rope down to 70 feet and the width is perfect but then the wake looses much of its steepness. i would love to add bigger bags in the back but it's my families boat, not mine so its not up to me if i can get bigger bags.

Mobius22
07-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Try getting some lead bags, much easier to hide and doesn't take up much storage. If you want it steeper though, try taking some out of the front and see if that helps steepen it up.

APastrick
07-06-2015, 03:58 PM
The thing about taking weight out of the front is that the center ballast switch is connected to the front ballast so i cant take weight out of the front without taking it out of the center

rdlangston13
07-07-2015, 02:14 PM
The thing about taking weight out of the front is that the center ballast switch is connected to the front ballast so i cant take weight out of the front without taking it out of the center

This is why I set up my system to where each bag has its own pump and switch.

Sent from my iPhone

APastrick
07-07-2015, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=rdlangston13;271676]This is why I set up my system to where each bag has its own pump and switch.
How would i go about setting up the front ballast to its own switch? Or do you know of anyway i could actually disconnect the front bag?

wolfeman131
07-07-2015, 02:50 PM
How would i go about setting up the front ballast to its own switch? Or do you know of anyway i could actually disconnect the front bag?

I made a simple plug out of a fitting that I filled with epoxy. If I didn't want to use the extra bag, I would disconnect the hose from the bag and install the plug.

I also went a more complicated route and installed a bosworth valve from wakemakers that allowed me to divert the water from the IBS to the vent line. You'll need to add a Y connector to the vent line.

APastrick
07-07-2015, 05:48 PM
When i fill all the bags the wake is good at 75 feet but its too wide for my preference, can anyone explain to me how i can set up the ballast so that the wake is still steep and poppy at a shorter length? maybe around 70 feet so its not as wide.

rdlangston13
07-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Drill a hole in the boat, add a pump and wire it to a spare accessory switch

Sent from my iPhone