PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! Boat Will Not Start

mjr119
07-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Okay so I've been fiddling with some wiring this past week. I have messed with the perfect pass, I havent removed the power or ground cables. I disconnected the wired remote wires from under the dash. I moved the power wire for the head unit back to the rocker switch from the constant power.

Now my boat will not start at all. Power and everything works, fuel pump primes. When I try to start nothing happens. What could this be? PLease help, looks like I may miss out on 4th of july weekend :(

I tried to hot wire the ignition, put all wires together, fuel pump just primes, no start. I tried to press the red breaker button on the engine, but its firm and will not budge.

Whats some stuff I should try to do??

The only thing that I did that is out of the ordinary is I charged both batteries while they were still in the boat. I trickled with a ctek charger overnight. I did each battery individually. Perko was in the OFF position.

samvq1
07-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Do you have an ignition kill switch lanyard? If your remote is near that you may have bumped it loose.

mjr119
07-03-2015, 11:06 AM
I do not have a kill switch. 2003 Mobius LSV

mjr119
07-03-2015, 11:06 AM
I tried to shift into forward and reverse a few times, still nothing.

mjr119
07-03-2015, 11:16 AM
There is also a weird clicking noise under the dash when the key is switch on. Sounds like it is behind the RPM gauge. It's not very loud. Just a click click click click. Then it will stop and start again. Not sure if it is related. But I dont remember it happening before.

mjr119
07-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Okay I just went back out to the boat and it turned over. All I did was:

Open engine compartment.

Tried to press the red breaker button. It is firm and will not budge.

Wiggled a wire on the back of the breaker.

Then I reached underneath the seat behind the driver's seat and wiggled those wires.

Switched battery switch to ALL. Engine bumped over perfectly.

Switched battery switch to "1", engine turned over fine again.

Switched battery switch to off.

mjr119
07-03-2015, 11:36 AM
does the neutral safety switch have a wire that runs along with the throttle cable?

mjr119
07-14-2015, 07:39 PM
The boat has been fine since the day this happened. I just went out to the boat and plugged in my perfect pass module (power) and display so I could check to see if unhooking the module caused my speedometer to stop working. Well I tried to turn the boat over and what do ya know I got nothing. Only a fuel pump priming. No sign of trying to turn over.

Well I went to the engine compartment and wiggled one of the red wires to the red button breakerswitch . It moved slightly. I tried to start the boat and it turned over. So I loosened the red wire and tighten it down again. I try to start the boat and I get nothing. I unhook the perfect pass power and still nothing. What could this be? The boat has ran and started great since the 4th.

mjr119
07-15-2015, 07:07 AM
I just went out this morning and it started up twice in a row no problems. Wtf could this be? I don't want to be stranded out on the water if this keeps happening

brain_rinse
07-15-2015, 07:57 AM
Doesn't sound like a common problem. It's hard to track down and even harder for us to help. Are you sure you don't have a kill switch and safety lanyard?

mjr119
07-15-2015, 08:36 AM
I do not have a kil switch unless it's hidden somewhere....

DOCDRS
07-15-2015, 08:42 AM
Wow , sounds like an electrical gremlin. I would check to see if you have power to the starter when it wont turn. You may have a flat spot on your starter. Try hitting it when it wont turn if you have power to it

mjr119
07-15-2015, 10:24 AM
I'll try that next time. Hopefully there won't be a next time. So I would hook a muti meter up to the pos and negative then turn the key to see if the starter is getting power.

I hate electrical issues Btw.