PDA

View Full Version : LSV boat spray

DaveM
07-02-2015, 09:59 AM
After years of owning runabouts, I own a 2013 LSV. Great boat, but the spray is annoying whenever there is a small amount of rough water or whenever we are surfing at low speeds. Spray comes over the bow, especially when there is a chop and a light wind, so my passengers get wet. Is this with all direct drives, or is the Mojo better since it seems to be a deeper hull?

I'm considering either a Mojo or Supra SC 400 as my next boat, would like a drier ride.

kaneboats
07-02-2015, 10:03 AM
The hull shape, especially height does make a difference. When it is real bad I use my snap on bow cover and close the windshield. Or go home.

nitrodude24
07-02-2015, 10:23 AM
You can try a little less bow weight when there is chop and wind. We run 1000lbs of bow weight in our 15 Mojo and we can get some spray if it is windy and choppy but if I dump bow weight and raise the bow a Lil it almost stops. It has more to do with the conditions of weather and water than boat design to a point with a run about you can trim the outdrive and raise the bow. On the inboard just shift weight or your passengers to the rear. I test drove a SC before we purchased our Mojo and it is really deep up front more so than our mojo we just wanted the length and room of the mojo.

wolfeman131
07-04-2015, 08:26 AM
The modified pickle fork of the Mojo will be better IMO. I'm not sure that we ever took a roller over the bow in that boat.

The other option is to let folks know ahead of time that they will be riding in a boat. On the water. There is a chance they may get wet. Keep a chair in your truck and leave whomever doesn't want to get wet with a seat on the dock.

moombadaze
07-04-2015, 08:31 AM
have a 13 lsv myself, don't think I ever get any spray, but I have dunked it a couple times-sometimes on purpose, sometimes not