PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood Wired Remote with Pioneer Head Unit?

ranger098
07-01-2015, 02:32 PM
So i really want to change out my stock Kenwood HU with a Pioneer. The unit i am looking at has a wired remote input so i am wondering if the Kenwood Remote in the drivers dash will work with it? I know the remote is just a one wire connection to the deck, but i cannot find any info on this.....

mjr119
07-01-2015, 03:51 PM
I would like to know this as well. In for replies...

gregski
07-01-2015, 04:28 PM
So i really want to change out my stock Kenwood HU with a Pioneer. The unit i am looking at has a wired remote input so i am wondering if the Kenwood Remote in the drivers dash will work with it? I know the remote is just a one wire connection to the deck, but i cannot find any info on this.....
I believe the answer is no. I looked into this stuff a bit for another project but I had to shelf it for a while. From my research (not personal experience or knowledge), the Sony and Pioneer units use a voltage divider (switched resistors) for the remote interface. The Kenwood and Alpine units use a coded serial interface (1's and 0's). So, Kenwood <-> Pioneer would be incompatible.

mjr119
07-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Makes sense. How about a newer kenwood unit with an older kenwood wired remote?

gregski
07-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Makes sense. How about a newer kenwood unit with an older kenwood wired remote?
I would expect that to work.

ranger098
07-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Well i guess Kenwood units arent THAT bad... but i do prefer Pioneer. Thanks for the help fellas

Delta Diver
07-06-2015, 09:48 AM
It didn't work for me when I swapped out my old kenwood with a new JVC (with a wired remote hookup) I'm guessing my only option now is to do as already mentioned, get a new kenwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ranger098
07-06-2015, 10:26 AM
It didn't work for me when I swapped out my old kenwood with a new JVC (with a wired remote hookup) I'm guessing my only option now is to do as already mentioned, get a new kenwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the first hand knowledge, i knew someone had to have tried this before!