PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU lower your V2 tower before it goes in the garage?

Rugburn
06-30-2015, 12:55 PM
I have the black V2 tower on my '11 LSV. I have to pull the pins and lower it before I back it in the garage. The spring loaded cable system inside helps a little, but its an awkward thing to do by yourself. Im about to mount four XM9's to the tower. Each weights 10 pounds which will make lowering the tower significantly harder. Id rather not remove the tower speakers every time, but will if necessary. Has anybody come up with a system or jerry rigged something to help them lower the tower?

Rugburn
06-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Ok I take back what I said. I installed the Exile XM9's and they have the sweetest disconnect Ive ever seen. No wires. They connect via jack inside the post that is mounted to the V2 tower. Crazy cool. Ill be disconnecting before I lower the tower. Perhaps I should have done my homework before my post. Doh.

jmvotto
06-30-2015, 10:50 PM
V2 lowering is pretty slick, although I have only done it once, plus my 4 xm9s come off every weekend .....

kaneboats
07-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Still don't understand why they discontinued the best looking tower to ever grace a wakeboat.

New Guy
07-01-2015, 05:41 PM
I agree, I loved the V2 tower from the early Malibu days.

jmvotto
07-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Still don't understand why they discontinued the best looking tower to ever grace a wakeboat.

Me either, :sad:

rca
07-03-2015, 10:24 PM
I love mine and rarely lower it. Now I'm even leaving my XM9s on since I only have about a 5 minute trailer over slow streets to the lake. We used to take them on and off every time we put the boat in though since we had an hour trailer each way. Like you discovered, super easy to take on and off.