PDA

View Full Version : Water and Oil mixing (help!)

MoombaPat
06-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Hey guys, so anyone who has been following my thread I am restoring a 2000 Moomba Outback and am in the process of finishing up putting in a new engine. However I continue to run into some problems. Water keeps mixing in with the oil and for the life of me I can't figure out where it is happening I'll list what has done below and hopefully you guys can spit ball ideas so I can get this beast back on the water.

New Engine Mercruiser V8 5.7 (direct drive)
New water pump
New alternator
New fuel pump
New oil cooler
New lines
New Oil Pressure Safety sensor
New Oil Pressure Sensor
New Manifolds
New Risers

I originally thought it was my oil cooler because when I bypassed it, the problem was solved... So I thought. I bought a new one and hooked it up, ran my fake a lake thinking I was good to go and the problem occurred again.

All gaskets are brand new, brand new hardware.

I'm going to strip down the block again, remove the heads etc. and check all my seating points for burs/divets to see if I'm not getting a good seal somewhere that I can't see other wise. As well ass see if maybe a messed up a gasket when throwing it back together. Really don't think that's the case but wanted to see if there were any other ideas out there or things to check.

Thanks for the help.

Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOCDRS
06-28-2015, 08:23 PM
oil cooler? is it for salt water?

MoombaPat
06-28-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm currently in salt water but making my way to fresh water in the next 2 months.

MoombaPat
06-28-2015, 08:52 PM
So the new engine won't really be run in salt water but a handful of times.

DOCDRS
06-30-2015, 12:01 AM
If you bypassed the oil cooler and it solved the problem then thats your problem. Maybe the new cooler is bad . I would bypass it and see if it solves the problem again .....i would do that before you start tearing heads and risers off .could you be hooking the cooler iup wrong? Id

MoombaPat
06-30-2015, 08:35 AM
Cooler is hooked up right, it's possible the new cooler is damaged but seems unlikely. I am going to bypass again today and see how it goes. Open to any other suggestions!