PDA

View Full Version : I got up after a three year hiatus

zabooda
06-27-2015, 01:30 PM
I've had two orthoscopic surgeries on my knee one in 2013 and one in 2014 so I haven't been skiing for the last two summers. Five of us left at 8 AM Friday morning for Potholes Reservoir for some board activity and I got up with no problems. It was if I never left it. What a rush. I didn't do my usual 22 off and opted for the 15. So I got two pulls in and feel it this morning. Air temp 105, water temp 78, drought is going on so the water level is high (holding back irrigation water) so we went way into the islands and we saw two boats and a DC3 fly over.

I was really concerned for the side stress on my knee getting up but it was a non-issue. So I'm going to continue skiing. Yee Haa.

kaneboats
06-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Congrats! Are you wearing a brace or a sleeve? Be careful.

zabooda
06-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Thanks. I had planned to wear my brace but I forgot it. I am concerned on falls but I haven't taken a fall for many years besides losing an edge and that could be an issue so I took it easy.

mgswake
06-28-2015, 09:09 PM
Way to get back out there. Must be difficult overcoming in injury. Were you running the course?

zabooda
06-28-2015, 10:32 PM
Way to get back out there. Must be difficult overcoming in injury. Were you running the course?

Not at all. I worked on my cuts but at this point I was glad to be up with no issues. It gives me reason to beleive that I could get back into form which will get me out a couple times a week when the water locally warms up more.

iwaterskihard
06-29-2015, 07:37 AM
Great news! Always like to see skiers out on the water.
Wear your brace if needed and my advice would be get bindings that will release you or you can come free from in a crash. I hurt my ankle twice in 2 years a couple years back that cost me close to 6 weeks of skiing each time. Sold the bindings ad went to Radar Strada bindings. I can pull laces tight but always come out in a solid crash.
Bottom line I feel safe! :)