PDA

View Full Version : New Gear for this Summer ....

North Woods Mobius
06-27-2015, 10:29 AM
With a pretty wet (and cold) start to the summer up North, we've only gotten up to the lake once so far over Memorial Day to put the boat in and do a little surfing. But that's just encouraged me to load up on boat bling, plus a few goodies for the wife to take the heat off me.

So far this season (and mostly under the guise of Father's Day), I've added:
* New ACME 1235 prop from Nettles
* Upgraded ballast (900lbs rear lockers and 500lbs IBS) from Wakemakers
* New Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster wakesurf board and Ronix Code 76 vest for me
* New Women's HO Freeride Ski and Radar Cameo vest for the the wife (in pink, of course...)
* Skylon fixed waterski racks to mount above our swivel wafesurf racks
* Moomba trailer guide post covers
* New Mercury 9.9hp engine for the 12ft aluminum rowboat ('cuase there's NO FISHIN' on the Moomba...)

Now all I have to do is get up there, install all the goodies and enjoy the rest of the summer. We'll be up most weekends in July and 2 weeks in August. I can't wait to finally get up there and start using all this stuff 'cause retail therapy is getting expensive.......

MJHSupra
06-27-2015, 01:45 PM
I grew up on Lake Erie, I do not miss those summers. Plus, you needed a deep-v unless you were on an inland lake.
Been in GA and TN for 14 years.

Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster - nice. Have you rode one? Are those around $700ish?

Mark

North Woods Mobius
06-27-2015, 04:05 PM
I grew up on Lake Erie, I do not miss those summers. Plus, you needed a deep-v unless you were on an inland lake.
Been in GA and TN for 14 years.

Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster - nice. Have you rode one? Are those around $700ish?

Mark

Hey Mark,

Yeah, we're on a nice little 400+ acre inland lake in northeast WI, about 30 min from the UP. Very quiet, no services, little to no boat traffic and my brother-in-law and I have the only 2 ski boats on the lake (he's got a '04 Natique 206). And we only ever trailer to other inland lakes and chains so the V-Drive and flat hull work great for us.

Nope, I've never ridden this board, but I can't wait to throw it on the water next weekend. The 2015's do indeed retail for ~$700, but I ended up buying an unused 2014 for $450 which I just couldn't pass up! Call me cheap, but I can happily give up the new color scheme to save the $250... Here's a pic of my board

wolfeman131
06-27-2015, 11:53 PM
Holy guacamole! Please don't drop $700 on a wakeboard-wanna-be-wakesurf board. You can easily get a Soulcraft, Doomswell, Phase 5 or a lot of other wakesurf boards for that amount of coin.

liquid_acid
06-28-2015, 11:40 AM
I grew up on Lake Erie, I do not miss those summers.

Mark

Where on Lake Erie? I'm on lake st. Clair. We've had record rain this year and lots of flooding. This was the ramp yesterday
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/28/5dde571206ea330b8354e9b4576f6bfd.jpg