PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Möbius LSV Swim Step Play

MoombaLSV
06-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and new to boats in general. I bought a 2007 Moomba Möbius LSV recently and it's been great so far. I've had it for the last few weeks and taken it out 5-6 times.

The only really issue I'm having (besides the depth finder quitting on me) is that the swim step seems to have a good amount of play. The boat is on Lake Washington which can get a bit choppy and I can't tell if the play is gradually increasing or it's just in my head.

Are these swim steps supposed to have some play in them? It's in the water and my trailer is at a different location so it would be a bit of a hassle to go get the trailer and pull it out to look but it's hard to check when in the water.

wolfeman131
06-26-2015, 10:26 PM
The swim platforms did have some play in them for a few yrs. I think the best solution folks have found is to swap out to the new brackets, but almost as good has been to use composite (plastic) door shims that you can buy at the local Home Depot or Lowes.

MoombaLSV
06-26-2015, 11:29 PM
Thanks wolfeman. So people just slide the shims between the bracket and the hull from the top?

I did read that older Moomba's and Supra's did have play in the platforms but from reading online it seemed like they fixed the play issues before '07.

Does anyone have a diagram of how its mounted?

ninedriver
06-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Here's a couple of threads addressing this. Personally, I went with the lock/split washer option. I used stainless lock washers and tapped them in the gap with a hammer and a drift. They wedge in about half way so you can get them out with pliers if need be. No rattles for over a year now.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?14534-How-To-Eliminate-Your-Swim-Platform-Rattle-Slop

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?26392-Swim-Platform-Rattle-Fix

MoombaLSV
06-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Thanks ninedriver! I think I'll be doing the same this week. Really appreciate your help and happy to have found a responsive forum

ninedriver
06-29-2015, 06:01 PM
No problem. You'll find this forum is full of great guys happy to help and a lot of great info. And welcome to the forum!