PDA

View Full Version : Weight limit for swim platform

patrick232
06-26-2015, 08:07 PM
Just wondering can the swim platform handle the weight of a jetski and 2 teenage riders?
Went to a marina on Norris for dinner with the wife without our kids, its our once a trip thing since they are older.

Dock the boat in the safe area where the normally put the demo boats. Tie off the front and go to tie off the back. While tieing off the back i hear and feel the boat get hit. Luckily no damage can be seen. I'm like wtf. Look up to a teenager driving and a passenger. I look at the boat then proceed to drop the are u #&%$ kidding me. I ask if she is licensed and then the parents start mouthing off that since no damage its done issue. 4 dads vs me I just had to walk away as the evening was ruined. I'll tell you one thing if it was not just my wife and in vs 4 couples getting mouthy I would not be back trying to relax.

wolfeman131
06-26-2015, 10:35 PM
Don't know how you kept your cool. I would have called the cops & seen how mouthy those parents were then.

My guess is that a 3 person ski is definitely heavier than your platform is designed to hold. If you got the reg #'s off that ski, I'd call it in and file a report.

parrothd
06-27-2015, 08:34 AM
Yep, just take a pic and call the cops.. Done..

zabooda
06-27-2015, 02:31 PM
I would have called the cops and ask the parents to refrain from talking until the police takes their report and they can talk directly to the officer. In this state everyone has to have a boater license which most kids and jet skiers don't have let alone having insurance. Reporting the incident is usually good for one ticket.

patrick232
06-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Should have gotten the picture, by the time I walked to the restroom and walked back they had left. Might call the marina to see if they have a camera. But knowing TN marinas I doubt they do. Normally a very laided back place. I have learned when the wife asks you to walk away it ends better than pressing the issue or I would have not kept my cool. Just wish it would not have ruined our evening. First time in 5 years had the boat out without kids or others.

wolfeman131
06-27-2015, 10:46 PM
It's always easy to say, "should've, could've, would've" from the luxury of the keyboard. Crazy situation for you. Hope when you pull the boat, you find all is OK.

patrick232
06-27-2015, 10:53 PM
It's always easy to say, "should've, could've, would've" from the luxury of the keyboard. Crazy situation for you. Hope when you pull the boat, you find all is OK.

Small scuff on the side of the platform. It should buff out. Just hope the young driver learned a lesson and understands it could have been worse.

wolfeman131
06-27-2015, 10:58 PM
I hope her dumb ass parents understand the same.

viking
07-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Because of the dumb ass parents I'm afraid those kids don't have a chance. Otherwise the parents would have reacted differently and led by example. Major problem with America today!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

zabooda
07-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Future hit-and-run drivers. No harm - no foul.