PDA

View Full Version : Finger Lakes, NY

mgswake
06-22-2015, 05:55 PM
I just moved to Elmira, NY. I have a 2000 SAN 210, but my wife is a new resident and I dont know anyone else to go out with. I am willing to take people out on my boat some days as well. I am a beginner wakeboarder and surfer. If anyone needs an extra rider i would love to tag along. I can bring gas money, drinks, and/or snacks. I am also willing to help wipe down after use. I work 3 days a week so I am available on weekdays and weekends.

jmvotto
06-22-2015, 06:17 PM
I'll email you Glad you made it in town

muehlcj
06-22-2015, 09:58 PM
I just moved to Elmira, NY. I have a 2000 SAN 210, but my wife is a new resident and I dont know anyone else to go out with. I am willing to take people out on my boat some days as well. I am a beginner wakeboarder and surfer. If anyone needs an extra rider i would love to tag along. I can bring gas money, drinks, and/or snacks. I am also willing to help wipe down after use. I work 3 days a week so I am available on weekdays and weekends.

Welcome to Elmira. We are always looking for more people to ride.

mgswake
06-22-2015, 10:18 PM
Thanks, Gentlemen. I am looking forward to exploring the area and hopefully getting out on the lakes.

kaneboats
06-23-2015, 09:07 AM
i can bring gas money, drinks, and/or snacks. I am also willing to help wipe down after use. I work 3 days a week so i am available on weekdays and weekends.

move here!!!!!!!!!!

jmvotto
06-23-2015, 09:16 AM
move here!!!!!!!!!!

why? we have lots of excitement right here. road blocks and FBI man Hunt for the escapees.....:o

and no gators....

Wildwillis
06-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Greetings from Syracuse! I was just poking around the forum and came across this thread (sorry I'm usually on the Malibu forums as I own a 2005 Wakesetter VLX).

Thought I'd post something because getting a few people to join me out on the water the past couple of summers has been a constant struggle - lots of babies and toddlers taking up everyone's time (including a 15-month old of my own)! I love wakeboarding (not that great though) and am learning to surf. Unfortunately none of my friends are particularly into any of that, but I'm perfectly happy just relaxing on the boat too!

Anyway, I thought I'd suggest a day on the lake sometime soon. It'd be great to meet some more people that are interested in getting out on the water! I know jmvotto's a good guy - he sold me a distribution block for my amp board a year or two ago!

I'm less than 30 mins from Skaneateles or Otisco Lakes but I'd be happy to trailer it to one of the lakes that's more convenient for others some day (or just pack up some boards, beer, and gas $$$). Maybe some weekend after the 4th would work well. Just wanted to throw it out there! Feel free to reply here or to email or PM me if anyone's interested!!!

- Tim

jmvotto
06-26-2015, 11:50 AM
awesome, we wont hate you for the BU , love to have you sometime.
we have a FB page for finglerlakes wakesurf association.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564158353833759/

Wildwillis
06-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Ah fantastic! Thanks for the heads-up! Just put in a request to join! Looking forward to joining you guys sometime!

muehlcj
06-28-2015, 06:49 PM
Look forward to riding with you. Let's try to get together sometime in July on keuka.

Wildwillis
06-28-2015, 10:48 PM
Look forward to riding with you. Let's try to get together sometime in July on keuka.

Thanks! Sounds great! Definitely looking forward to getting out on the water more this year (although off to a slow start on that). I've wakeboarded for years but never behind a decent boat until I got my Malibu 3 years ago. Unfortunately I spent the last 2 summers mostly driving and relaxing in the boat because I tore my ACL twice. That was from a ski jump and a basketball game, buy I decided to try and take up surfing at the end of last summer so I could do something that would be a bit easier on the knee.

TheDude
08-26-2016, 12:41 PM
Anyone from this thread riding this weekend??

jmvotto
08-26-2016, 04:33 PM
College deliveries

Wildwillis
08-29-2016, 09:58 PM
Well I'm a couple of days late but I saw this and your post on the other thread and I had to reply because I feel your pain. I'm usually on the Malibu forum but I'd put an alert on this thread when I saw it last year. I spent last weekend just like you did - sulking that I couldn't get anyone else to join me out on the lake. Unfortunately I'm going to have to pray for a few more weeks of nice weather in order to get out again because my sister's getting married this weekend and my second kid is due to arrive by the middle of next week.

I'm with you on being sick of begging people to come out with me but my boat isn't going anywhere. Where are you located? I'm up for joining you some day if the weather cooperates long enough. Might be able to swing it for a few hours the week after next or that following weekend (2 weeks after Labor Day) if the wife gets sick of having me around the house! I'll be off from work that whole week. I live in Fairmount just west of Syracuse.

TheDude
08-29-2016, 10:15 PM
Well I'm a couple of days late but I saw this and your post on the other thread and I had to reply because I feel your pain. I'm usually on the Malibu forum but I'd put an alert on this thread when I saw it last year. I spent last weekend just like you did - sulking that I couldn't get anyone else to join me out on the lake. Unfortunately I'm going to have to pray for a few more weeks of nice weather in order to get out again because my sister's getting married this weekend and my second kid is due to arrive by the middle of next week.

I'm with you on being sick of begging people to come out with me but my boat isn't going anywhere. Where are you located? I'm up for joining you some day if the weather cooperates long enough. Might be able to swing it for a few hours the week after next or that following weekend (2 weeks after Labor Day) if the wife gets sick of having me around the house! I'll be off from work that whole week. I live in Fairmount just west of Syracuse.

Right on... I'm in Hamilton on tiny Lebanon Reservoir. Saw your PM... Let's ride after Labor Day.

ssevey17
09-19-2016, 09:02 PM
Funny that I just stumbled across this thread. I just posted an almost identical one on WakeWorld. MGSWake, I also live in Elmira. However, I don't have as nice of as boat as you. I ride behind a 17' Starcraft I/O with a wakeboard tower. It gets the job done and had enabled me to throw some inverts and a 360. I'd be very interested in riding sometime. I usually trailer the boat to Cayuta Lake but with ever since the green algae bloom a month ago, I haven't been out. Are you still riding for the season or have you winterized the boat?

jmvotto
09-19-2016, 09:40 PM
Funny we surf on Cayuta frequently as my buddy has a place there , red tige ,
What is this wakeboard thing you speak of.

Couple weeks and we shut Er down :mad:

ssevey17
09-19-2016, 10:14 PM
Haha yeah I know exactly what Tige you're talking about. Usually kept on a lift at the southeast end of the lake. I've never surfed before. Only wakeboarded. Actually, I've only ridden behind an inboard once. Trying to get my finances in order so I can make the plunge for a 2006-2009 LSV. Or at least that's the plan for now...

jmvotto
09-19-2016, 10:17 PM
Yep, that's the one

Check out the classifieds , I'm helping a friend list a 2008 xlv , nice boat located on conesus lake

ssevey17
09-20-2016, 06:05 AM
Yeah I saw that. Nice looking boat but with a 7 month old, funds are limited for the next few years