PDA

View Full Version : Opening your binimi with tower speakers???

superman
06-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Ok guys,
I want to know how you guys are using your binimi top with your tower speakers? I mounted two cans on my tower and they hang down to low to open the binimi. I dont want to mount the speakers on the top of the tower because i dont like the looks of that. If you have any pictures of how you did yours that would be great. Thanks.
________
GT185 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_GT185)

lowdrag
06-07-2006, 12:18 AM
I don't know what boat you have or the exact style of the tower. Check where the bimini clamps to the tower. You may be able to adjust it forward or back. With my tower, the arm the bimini is mounted to slopes down from the front, so this would also change the height of the bimini. It's not a bad idea to check the mounts anyway. When I opened mine the first time, I noticed that something wasn't quite right. After checking, I found that the mount on one side was about a foot farther forward than the other one.

qb12
06-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Lowdrag, I had the same deal on my new supra.

Superman, One thing Brian Raymond told me was to push the two pins and the bars on the bimini will lower which will allow it to fold a lot easier.

db

TN_Boarder
06-07-2006, 11:56 AM
I have the tower bimini and 4 speaker/light bar combo. When the bimini is stored I adjust the arms all the way out so that I have enough height to attach it to the tower above the speakers. When in use I lower the arms all the way down which makes it a perfect fit beneath the speakers. As stated in the previous post, there should be a push button on each support arm on both sides of the bimini. Push the button and the arms should collapse. There are basically only two settings: all the way out or all the way in. Hope this makes sense.

Sharru-Kinu
06-07-2006, 01:52 PM
My reply to this post would have read exactly like TN_Boarder if he hadn't already wrote it. My '06 LSV with Fusion T-Series speakers and factory bimini is exactly as described above.

superman
06-07-2006, 04:17 PM
I am sorry i didnt even give what year/model boat i have. Its a 02 Mobius. I need to go check to see if i have adjustments on mine.
________
extreme vaporizer review (http://extremevaporizer.net/)

superman
06-08-2006, 04:24 PM
I dont have any adjustments on my bimini poles. Am i missing something?
________
Honda XL175 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_XL175)

TN_Boarder
06-09-2006, 12:17 PM
The support poles on either side of my bimini are actually a pole inside a pole. The push pin operates similar to that of a kayak paddle. The pin is attached to the inner pole and you push it in and pull or push until the pin pops out in another hole to adjust the length. On my bimini support poles, there is only one hole about 16 inches up from where the bimini attaches to the tower facing the rear of the boat. I have an 06 lsv with factory speakers. Is it possible that this is a new feature or that they only include on boats with factory speakers? Maybe your dealer or skier's choice could tell you more. It may be possible to buy the newer bimini ($500 I think), but that would suck as I'm sure they wouldn't accept the old one as trade in. Who knows if the attachments are even the same because I think they have changed the towers since then as well.

JesseC
06-09-2006, 11:43 PM
My bimini barely fits under the tower speakers. I have to lean it all the way to the back and open it completely and then swing it forward under the speakers. It clears by about a 1/4 inch. I do not have the bimini adjustments like the others...wish I did though.