PDA

View Full Version : 06 Mobius LSV, Engine stalling after running

CMAC21
06-22-2015, 12:06 AM
I've got a 2006 Mobius LSV. Bought it this year. It had 210 hrs on it and I've put about 25 hrs on it so far. This weekend i ran into some problems. I would run for around 30-45 min and then it would start stalling.. And then would die. After about 45min it wwould run fine again and do it all over. I'm new to this as I don't know much about the motor. Any help would be awesome! I wanted to check here first before i took it in to get checked out. Thanks in advance guys. I appreciate it

parrothd
06-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Replace the fuel filter and pump..is it fuel injected?

CMAC21
06-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Yes it is fuel injected. A guy told me about vapor lock so I'm going to check my blowers to to make sure they are blowing right. I'm not a mechanic, but changing that filter and pump.. Is that something I can probably do? Or would I need to take it in? Thanks guys!

parrothd
06-22-2015, 12:16 PM
Yea, they love to talk about vapor lock on this forum, I wouldn't bet on it. Generally when you have fuel delivery/heat issues just means the pump needs to be replaced, they wear out..

Take it to the dealer, they may be able to pull the codes, the fuel filter is pretty easy to change. Search the forum, it may be just a simple screw on type..

Wax
06-22-2015, 12:50 PM
I started having similar issues (I think it was vapor lock also) with my 06 LSV last year all the sudden, but only a couple times and running my blower all the time I was out basically solved it. I sold it, and the guy that bought it had worse issues this spring. He changed the fuel filter a few weeks ago and has not had an issue since. Try the cheap easy stuff, like the filter, before you replace the pump. They even make a kit to relocate the pump to the tank instead of by the motor I hear (which I understand is how the newer boats are), but I'm not sure you need to go that far.

CMAC21
06-23-2015, 07:43 AM
Looks like it could be the fuel filter...or I ar least hope so. We took it out last night and it was pretty dirty, really dirty. Going to change it out first and go run it. We'll see after that.

kaneboats
06-23-2015, 09:03 AM
Let us know what you find out.

CMAC21
07-17-2015, 07:10 PM
So it's been a little while, we've been out of the country. Wanted to get back and let you guys know I changed the fuel filter and went out and ran the boat for around an hour. All through the throttle and different pulling speeds. Even stopped turned off and back and and it seems to have fixed the problem. Hopefully so! Tomorrow will be my first full day back on the water so wish me luck. One question... You guys running sea foam every 3-4 tanks? And sta-bil?

Mooreskey
08-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Can you send a picture of where the fuel filter is located please?

mmandley
08-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Fuel Pump, and Filter are lower Left of the engine bay when standing in your boat looking at the engine.

From the fuel Tank follow the line, you will hit the filter and then the pump.

Both are easy to replace but you do need to cap off the line, a clamping device works well for this.

Also the Older boats won't through codes for fuel filters or pump issues. These boats were not that smart yet. All the engine knows its a shortage of fuel or pressure and it dies.

Mooreskey
08-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the quick reply - I will look tonight.

sivs1
08-17-2015, 01:04 PM
One question... You guys running sea foam every 3-4 tanks? And sta-bil?

I use sea foam once or twice a season, typically first tank and then after that mostly Sta-bil Marine each tank of gas. Not sure of any improvements, am also running Premium gas as well. Of course I am boating above 6,000 feet.

bcline2012
09-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Still having the stalling Problem? I recently had the same problem in my 2005 Mobius LSV EFI. It would come out of the hole great and would run for the same length of time then at cruising speed it would stall out. My problem was the Ignition Module underneath the Distributor Cap. Indmar had to get involved and thought it was either that or coil pack. I hope you have figured out that problem by now.